Posted on 2017-12-22, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Lisa Kemmerer | Publisher: Oxford University Press | Category: Environmental Engineering | Language: English | Page: 168 | ISBN: 019939184X | ISBN13: 9780199391844 |
Description: Contemporary environmental activists and the animal-rights community are more often than not considered separate movements, despite similar goals and attitudes toward desired change in the world. A fundamental distinction is seen in the environmentalist's broad focus on an entire species, whereas animal rights activists tend to think more about the behavior of select groups of people. Thus far, uniting these two movements has proven difficult, despite their sharing of many of the same ideological sentiments. In Eating Earth, Lisa Kemmerer reveals a potential place of common ground for the environmental and animal-rights movements: human dietary choice. The book links environmentalism with animal-rights thinkers, by exploring the many ways that mass consumption of animal products by people is harmful to the environment. The book argues that rather than choosing to pursue separate agendas, a joint promotion of vegetarianism and veganism could lead to targeted results for both groups. Kemmerer discusses the harmful toll that the hunting and fishing industries take on ecosystems, and addresses how modern agriculture's treatment of animals is both unethical and environmentally unsustainable. Chapter topics also include movements and ideas like ecofeminism and human-population control, and their intersections with environmentalism. A brief but poignant examination of what human beings consume, Eating Earth shows that the issue of dietary choice deserves to be considered in a new environmental light.
Eating Earth: Environmental Ethics and Dietary Choice.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 34613
- 2017-01-10[PDF] Eating Earth: Environmental Ethics and Dietary Choice
- 2017-12-24[PDF] Environmental Ethics and Sustainability: A Casebook for Environmental Professionals
- 2017-11-29[PDF] A Perfect Moral Storm: The Ethical Tragedy of Climate Change (Environmental Ethics and Science Policy)
- 2017-11-20[PDF] Is a Little Pollution Good for You?: Incorporating Societal Values in Environmental Research (ENVIRONMENTAL ETHICS AND SCIENCE POLICY SERIES)
- 2017-11-08[PDF] A New Environmental Ethics: The Next Millennium for Life on Earth
- 2017-02-17[PDF] A New Environmental Ethics: The Next Millennium for Life on Earth
- 2017-01-11[PDF] Is a Little Pollution Good for You?: Incorporating Societal Values in Environmental Research (ENVIRONMENTAL ETHICS AND SCIENCE POLICY SERIES)
- 2017-01-10[PDF] A Perfect Moral Storm: The Ethical Tragedy of Climate Change (Environmental Ethics and Science Policy)
- 2020-11-06Encyclopedia Of Environmental Ethics And Philosophy V 1
- 2018-02-02[PDF] Near-Earth Objects: Identifying and Mitigating Potential Threats from Space (Space Science, Exploration and Policies)
- 2018-01-31[PDF] The Challenges of Ethics and Entrepreneurship in the Global Environment (Advances in the Study of Entrepreneurship, Innovation and Economic Growth)
- 2018-01-30[PDF] Introduction to Environmental Engineering and Science (3rd Edition)
- 2018-01-29[PDF] The Earth: Natural Resources and Human Intervention (Sustainability Project)
- 2018-01-26[PDF] Plotting Justice: Narrative Ethics and Literary Culture after 9/11
- 2018-01-15[PDF] Pearson Baccalaureate Environmental systems and societies for the IB Diploma
- 2018-01-14[PDF] Principles of Environmental Science and Technology
- 2018-01-12[PDF] Coding Freedom: The Ethics and Aesthetics of Hacking
- 2018-01-11[PDF] Chemistry for Environmental Engineering and Science, 5th edition - Removed
- 2018-01-02[PDF] Routledge Handbook of Ethics and War: Just War Theory in the 21st Century (Routledge International Handbooks)
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.