Posted on 2018-01-02, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Irene L. Gendzier | Publisher: Columbia University Press | Category: History | Language: English | Page: 432 | ISBN: 0231152884 | ISBN13: 9780231152884 |
Description: Irene L. Gendzier presents incontrovertible evidence that oil politics played a significant role in the founding of Israel, the policy then adopted by the United States toward Palestinians, and subsequent U.S. involvement in the region. Consulting declassified U.S. government sources, as well as papers in the H.S. Truman Library, she uncovers little-known features of U.S. involvement in the region, including significant exchanges in the winter and spring of 1948 between the director of the Oil and Gas Division of the Interior Department and the representative of the Jewish Agency in the United States, months before Israel's independence and recognition by President Truman. Gendzier also shows that U.S. consuls and representatives abroad informed State Department officials, including the Secretary of State and the President, of the deleterious consequences of partition in Palestine. Yet the attempt to reconsider partition and replace it with a UN trusteeship for Palestine failed, jettisoned by Israel's declaration of independence. The results altered the regional balance of power and Washington's calculations of policy toward the new state. Prior to that, Gendzier reveals the U.S. endorsed the repatriation of Palestinian refugees in accord with UNGA Res 194 of Dec. 11, 1948, in addition to the resolution of territorial claims, the definition of boundaries, and the internationalization of Jerusalem. But U.S. interests in the Middle East, notably the protection of American oil interests, led U.S. officials to rethink Israel's military potential as a strategic ally. Washington then deferred to Israel with respect to the repatriation of Palestinian refugees, the question of boundaries, and the fate of Jerusalemissues that U.S. officials have come to realize are central to the 1948 conflict and its aftermath.
Dying to Forget: Oil, Power, Palestine, and the Foundations of U.S. Policy in the Middle East.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 34948
- 2017-01-13[PDF] Dying to Forget: Oil, Power, Palestine, and the Foundations of U.S. Policy in the Middle East
- 2020-06-14Dying to Forget: Oil, Power, Palestine, and the Foundations of U.S. Policy in the Middle East
- 2017-10-27Dying to Forget: Oil, Power, Palestine, and the Foundations of U.S. Policy in the Middle East
- 2019-01-14Transformed Landscapes Essays on Palestine and the Middle East in Honor of Walid Khalidi
- 2019-01-10Transformed Landscapes Essays on Palestine and the Middle East in Honor of Walid Khalidi
- 2018-09-04Underground to Palestine And Other Writing on Israel, Palestine, and the Middle East
- 2018-06-01Britain's Hegemony in Palestine and the Middle East, 1917-56 Changing Strategic Imperatives
- 2017-10-26[PDF] Lockheed SR-71 Operations in Europe and the Middle East (Osprey Combat Aircraft 80)
- 2018-01-19[PDF] Refinery Town: Big Oil, Big Money, and the Remaking of an American City
- 2017-11-07[PDF] Oil for Food: The Global Food Crisis and the Middle East
- 2017-01-11[PDF] Oil for Food: The Global Food Crisis and the Middle East
- 2018-12-20No War for Oil U.S. Dependency and the Middle East
- 2018-11-24Armageddon, Oil and the Middle East
- 2018-02-26Higher Education Exchange between America and the Middle East in the Twenty-First Century - Removed
- 2018-01-28[PDF] A World of Trouble: The White House and the Middle East from the Cold War to the War on Terror
- 2018-01-27[PDF] Neighbours and Successors of Rome: Traditions of Glass Production and use in Europe and the Middle East in the Later 1st Millennium AD
- 2018-01-25[PDF] Mainstreaming Islam in Indonesia: Television, Identity, and the Middle Class - Removed
- 2018-01-15[PDF] Ethnic Groups of Africa and the Middle East: An Encyclopedia (Ethnic Groups of the World)
- 2018-01-13[PDF] Countering the Proliferation of Weapons of Mass Destruction: NATO and EU Options in the Mediterranean and the Middle East (Contemporary Security Studies)
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.