Posted on 2017-12-25, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Joseph Dumit | Publisher: Duke University Press Books | Category: Medicine | Language: English | Page: 280 | ISBN: 0822348713 | ISBN13: 9780822348719 |
Description: Every year the average number of prescriptions purchased by Americans increases, as do healthcare expenditures, which are projected to reach one-fifth of the U.S. gross domestic product by 2020. In Drugs for Life, Joseph Dumit considers how our burgeoning consumption of medicine and cost of healthcare not only came to be, but also came to be taken for granted. For several years, Dumit attended pharmaceutical industry conferences spoke with marketers, researchers, doctors, and patients and surveyed the industry's literature regarding strategies to expand markets for prescription drugs. He concluded that underlying the continual growth in medications, disease categories, costs, and insecurity is a relatively new perception of ourselves as inherently ill and in need of chronic treatment. This perception is based on clinical trials that we have largely outsourced to pharmaceutical companies. Those companies in turn see clinical trials as investments and measure the value of those investments by the size of the market and profits that they will create. They only ask questions for which the answer is more medicine. Drugs for Life challenges our understanding of health, risks, facts, and clinical trials, the very concepts used by pharmaceutical companies to grow markets to the point where almost no one can imagine a life without prescription drugs.
Drugs for Life: How Pharmaceutical Companies Define Our Health (Experimental Futures).pdf
- Ebooks list page : 34716
- 2016-10-25Drugs for Life How Pharmaceutical Companies Define Our Health
- 2017-10-04[PDF] Learning for Life: How Continuous Education Will Keep Us Competitive in the Global Knowledge Economy
- 2018-01-06[PDF] Made for Heaven: How the Christian Life Works
- 2018-01-06[PDF] Answers for Aristotle: How Science and Philosophy Can Lead Us to A More Meaningful Life
- 2017-12-15[PDF] Cultured Food for Life: How to Make and Serve Delicious Probiotic Foods for Better Health and Wellness
- 2017-11-24[PDF] Survival Seeds For Life - How To Survive The Coming Ban Of Heirloom Seeds, Organic Seeds and Non Hybrid Seeds
- 2017-11-15[PDF] A Survival Guide for Life: How to Achieve Your Goals, Thrive in Adversity, and Grow in Character
- 2017-11-10[PDF] Cheat Codes For Life: How to Achieve ANYTHING With the Technologies of Success
- 2017-11-04[PDF] Sex for Life: From Virginity to Viagra, How Sexuality Changes Throughout Our Lives (Intersections)
- 2017-10-25[PDF] $1 Million for Life: How to Make It, Manage It, Maximise It
- 2017-10-04[PDF] 7 Money Rules for Life: How to Take Control of Your Financial Future
- 2016-12-28[PDF] A Survival Guide for Life: How to Achieve Your Goals, Thrive in Adversity, and Grow in Character
- 2016-12-23[PDF] Made for Heaven: How the Christian Life Works
- 2013-09-12Download The Hairy Dieters Eat for Life: How to Love Food, Lose Weight and Keep it Off for Good! (Hairy Bikers) by Hairy Bikers (Author), Si King (Author), Dave Myers (Author) PDF - Removed
- 2019-12-25A Brain for Business – A Brain for Life: How insights from behavioural and brain science can change business and business practice for the better (The Neuroscience of Business)
- 2018-11-15Called for Life How Loving Our Neighbor Led Us into the Heart of the Ebola Epidemic
- 2018-08-04Bike for Life: How to Ride to 100--and Beyond, revised edition
- 2018-06-18Kenzie's Rules for Life How to Be Happy, Healthy, and Dance to Your Own Beat
- 2018-06-0512 Rules for Life How to Stop Making Yourself Feel Like S#it
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.