Posted on 2017-12-09, by luongquocchinh.
Author: George B. Bridgman | Category: Drawing | Language: English | Page: 64 | ISBN: 0486418022 | ISBN13: 9780486418025 |
Description: Many art students and professionals have mastered the art of depicting unclothed figures, but still have trouble accurately rendering clothing or other forms of draped cloth. Part of the problem â€” before this book came along â€” was that there was a lack of concise and simple instruction on the subject, and much that was written was too vague to be helpful. This comprehensive, well-illustrated book was created to solve the problem. In these pages George Bridgman â€” a longtime instructor at New York's Art Student League and one of the nation's foremost teachers of figure drawing â€” offers expert advice on depicting draped figures. "Clothing is none other than a drapery arranged around a body that is beneath it. To express the multitudinous forms it takes, one should learn to express in a direct way the different characters of folds, for each one plays its individual part as distinctly apart as actors play their different characters upon the stage." Students learn the characteristics of seven different kinds of folds and how to render them, including pipe, zigzag, spiral, half-lock, diaper pattern, drop, and inert folds. Mastery of these principles is the key to realistic portrayal of garments, as well as the proper rendering of cloth in still lifes. The straightforward, easy-to-follow text is illustrated by 200 of Bridgman's own sketches and diagrams, reproduced from pencil renderings in crisp halftones. Art students, teachers, and professionals alike are sure to welcome this inexpensive republication of a practical, hands-on manual by a master of figure drawing.
Drawing the Draped Figure.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 34227
- 2023-01-26Craftsy - Drawing the Draped Figure With Matt Weigle
- 2022-08-04Drawing the Draped Figure
- 2017-12-10[PDF] Drawing the female figure.
- 2018-01-20[PDF] Drawing the Figure Volume One - Capturing the Gesture
- 2017-12-23[PDF] Dynamic Wrinkles and Drapery: Solutions for Drawing the Clothed Figure
- 2017-12-06[PDF] Mastering Drawing the Human Figure From Life, Memory, Imagination: with Special Section on Drapery
- 2022-12-28Drawing the Half-Figure Tutorial 2 Drawing Hands (Part 2)
- 2022-12-27Wingfox - Drawing the Human Figure Using Basic Shapes
- 2022-12-27Drawing the Human Figure Using Basic Shapes
- 2022-12-26Drawing the Human Figure Using Basic Shapes
- 2022-12-16Drawing the Half Figure Tutorial 4 The 34 Pose
- 2022-11-26Drawing the Half-Figure Tutorial 2 Drawing Hands (Part 2)
- 2022-11-12Drawing the Half Figure Tutorial 4 The 34 Pose
- 2022-09-10Drawing the Half-Figure Tutorial 2 Drawing Hands (Part 2)
- 2022-09-04Drawing the Half Figure Tutorial 4 The 34 Pose
- 2022-08-25Drawing the Half Figure Tutorial 4 The 34 Pose
- 2022-07-16Byzantine Iconography Series 4 Drawing The Full Figure (P1)
- 2022-07-16Byzantine Iconography Series 4 Drawing The Full Figure (P2)
- 2022-07-16Byzantine Iconography Series 4 Drawing The Full Figure (P4)
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.