Posted on 2018-01-31, updated at 2018-12-20, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Alan Kirby | Category: Sociology | Language: English | Page: 288 | ISBN: 1441175288 | ISBN13: 9781441175281 |
Description: A bold new challenge to postmodern theory The increasing irrelevance of postmodernism requires a new theory to underpin our current digital culture. Almost without anybody noticing, a new cultural paradigm has taken center stage, displacing an exhausted and increasingly marginalized postmodernism. Alan Kirby calls this cultural paradigm digimodernism, a name comprising both its central technical mode and the privileging of fingers and thumbs inherent in its use. Beginning with the Internet (digimodernism's most important locus), then taking into account television, cinema, computer games, music, radio, etc., Kirby analyzes the emergence and implications of these diverse media, coloring our cultural landscape with new ideas on texts and how they work. This new kind of text produces distinctive forms of author and reader/viewer, which, in turn, lead to altered notions of authority, 'truth' and legitimization. With users intervening physically in the creation of texts, our electronically-dependent society is becoming more involved in the grand narrative. To clarify these trends, Kirby compares them to the contrasting tendencies of the preceding postmodern era. In defining this new cultural age, the author avoids both facile euphoria and pessimistic fatalism, aiming instead to understand and thereby gain control of a cultural mode which seems, as though from nowhere, to have engulfed our society. With new technologies unfolding almost daily, this work will help to categorize and explain our new digital world and our place in it, as well as equip us with a better understanding of the digital technologies that have a massive impact on our culture.
Digimodernism: How New Technologies Dismantle the Postmodern and Reconfigure Our Culture.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 35843
- 2012-02-18Digimodernism: How New Technologies Dismantle the Postmodern and Reconfigure Our Culture
- 2020-12-06Re-designing the smart future How new technologies are transforming businesses and the 2020 world we...
- 2018-01-06[PDF] Franchising How To Boot Camp: The Fast and Easy Way to Learn the Basics with 241 World Class Experts Proven Tactics, Techniques, Facts, Hints, Tips and Advice
- 2017-12-24[PDF] Waterloo: A New History of the Battle and its Armies
- 2017-10-26[PDF] Prosper!: How to Prepare for the Future and Create a World Worth Inheriting
- 2012-11-12New Technologies in the Oil and Gas Industry
- 2012-11-01"New Technologies in the Oil and Gas Industry" ed. by Jorge Salgado Gomes
- 2017-12-21[PDF] Shortcut: How Analogies Reveal Connections, Spark Innovation, and Sell Our Greatest Ideas
- 2017-12-18[PDF] Shortcut: How Analogies Reveal Connections, Spark Innovation, and Sell Our Greatest Ideas [Audiobook]
- 2013-04-30Denialism: How Irrational Thinking Harms the Planet and Threatens Our Lives (Audiobook)
- 2011-06-23Denialism: How Irrational Thinking Harms the Planet and Threatens Our Lives
- 2011-06-15Denialism: How Irrational Thinking Harms the Planet and Threatens Our Lives [Audiobook]
- 2012-01-08New In Chess: The First 25 Years 1984 - 2009, An Anthology - Removed
- 2018-01-30[PDF] Unbrandable: How to Succeed in the New Brand Space
- 2018-01-15[PDF] Consumer Driven Electronic Transformation: Applying New Technologies to Enthuse Consumers and Transform the Supply Chain - Removed
- 2018-01-12[PDF] A Handbook for Sensory and Consumer-Driven New Product Development: Innovative Technologies for the Food and Beverage Industry (Woodhead Publishing Series in Food Science, Technology and Nutrition)
- 2018-01-04[PDF] The Other Brain: From Dementia to Schizophrenia, How New Discoveries about the Brain Are Revolutionizing Medicine and Science
- 2017-12-18[PDF] New Technologies for Engineering Research and Design in Industry: Selected, Peer Reviewed Papers from the 2014h International Conference on ... 2014, Lijiang, (Advanced Materials Research)
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.