Posted on 2017-10-26, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Susan McClary | Category: Music | Language: English | Page: 360 | ISBN: 0520247345 | ISBN13: 9780520247345 |
Description: In this book, Susan McClary examines the mechanisms through which seventeenth-century musicians simulated extreme affective states - desire, divine rapture, and ecstatic pleasure. She demonstrates how every major genre of the period, from opera to religious music to instrumental pieces based on dances, was part of this striving for heightened passions by performers and listeners. While she analyzes the social and historical reasons for the high value placed on expressive intensity in both secular and sacred music, and she also links desire and pleasure to the many technical innovations of the period. McClary shows how musicians - whether working within the contexts of the Reformation or Counter-Reformation, Absolutists courts or commercial enterprises in Venice - were able to manipulate known procedures to produce radically new ways of experiencing time and the Self.
Desire and Pleasure in Seventeenth-Century Music.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 32791
- 2017-12-25[PDF] Insiders and Outsiders in Seventeenth-Century Philosophy (Routledge Studies in Seventeenth Century Philosophy)
- 2017-02-16[PDF] Insiders and Outsiders in Seventeenth-Century Philosophy (Routledge Studies in Seventeenth Century Philosophy)
- 2018-01-26[PDF] George Herbert and the Mystery of the Word: Poetry and Scripture in Seventeenth-Century England - Removed
- 2018-01-23[PDF] Handmaid to Divinity: Natural Philosophy, Poetry, and Gender in Seventeenth-Century England (Series for Science and Culture)
- 2017-12-28[PDF] Imagining Sex: Pornography and Bodies in Seventeenth-Century England
- 2017-12-05[PDF] The Music of Bela Bartok: A Study of Tonality and Progression in Twentieth-Century Music
- 2017-11-09[PDF] Wounds, Flesh, and Metaphor in Seventeenth-Century England - Removed
- 2017-11-02[PDF] The Crafting of the 10,000 Things: Knowledge and Technology in Seventeenth-Century China
- 2017-10-14[PDF] Rhetoric, Science, and Magic in Seventeenth-Century England
- 2017-04-13[PDF] A Performer's Guide to Seventeenth-Century Music (2nd edition)
- 2017-01-13[PDF] A Performer's Guide to Seventeenth-Century Music (2nd edition)
- 2017-01-12[PDF] Wounds, Flesh, and Metaphor in Seventeenth-Century England
- 2017-01-12[PDF] The Crafting of the 10,000 Things: Knowledge and Technology in Seventeenth-Century China
- 2017-01-10[PDF] Imagining Sex: Pornography and Bodies in Seventeenth-Century England
- 2020-12-08Women, Poetry, and Politics in Seventeenth-Century Britain
- 2020-10-22Women, Poetry, and Politics in Seventeenth Century Britain
- 2020-07-16The Cambridge History of Seventeenth-Century Music
- 2020-02-04George Herbert and the Mystery of the Word: Poetry and Scripture in Seventeenth-Century England
- 2019-02-14The Broadview Anthology of British Literature Volume 2: The Renaissance and the Early Seventeenth Century - Second Edition
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.