Posted on 2018-01-26, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Democratisation in the 21st Century : Reviving Transitology | Publisher: Routledge | Category: Sociology | Language: English | Page: 238 | ISBN: 113867382X | ISBN13: 9781138673823 |
Description: The 2010s was a critical period in the continuing, established trend of the spread of democracy worldwide: from the Arab Spring countries of Tunisia, Libya, Egypt and Yemen to the unfolding turmoil of Myanmar and Ukraine, by way of the upheavals in Burkina Faso, Senegal and Ivory Coast, social mobilisation against autocratic, corrupt, or military regimes has precipitated political transitions that are characteristic of "democratisation." This book examines the state of democratisation theory and practice that reopens and revives the democratic transition debate, exploring the factors that lead to the demise of autocracy, the pathways and processes of change, and the choice for an eventual consolidation of democracy. For all its insights and shortcomings, the framework of transitology a body of literature that has comparatively and through case-study analysis, examined common patterns, sequences, crises and outcomes of transitional periods has been largely eschewed. The essays, written by international democratisation specialists, tackle the series of questions raised by a body of literature that remains highly useful to understand contemporary political turbulence and transformation, considering numerous crucial issues. This work will be of key interest to scholars, students and practitioners of governance, democratisation, comparative politics, international relations, political science and more broadly, history.
Democratisation in the 21st Century: Reviving Transitology (Democratization Studies).pdf
- Ebooks list page : 35676
- 2011-11-07Managing Construction and Infrastructure in the 21st Century Bureau of Reclamation
- 2011-09-12Energy and Transportation: Challenges for the Chemical Sciences in the 21st Century
- 2011-09-06Information and Communications: Challenges for the Chemical Sciences in the 21st Century
- 2011-07-03A New Biology for the 21st Century
- 2012-09-25The Role of Theory in Advancing 21st-Century Biology: Catalyzing Transformative Research
- 2011-12-28The Role of Theory in Advancing 21st-Century Biology: Catalyzing Transformative Research
- 2011-09-05The Role of Theory in Advancing 21st-Century Biology: Catalyzing Transformative Research
- 2018-01-24[PDF] Navies in the 21st Century
- 2018-01-22[PDF] Migration in the 21st Century: How Will Globalization and Climate Change Affect Migration and Settlement? (Investigating Human Migration & Settlement)
- 2018-01-08[PDF] Deafness in the 21st Century
- 2018-01-08[PDF] Retailing in the 21st Century: Current and Future Trends
- 2018-01-04[PDF] Einstein for the 21st Century: His Legacy in Science, Art, and Modern Culture
- 2018-01-01[PDF] Mechanics of the 21st Century: Proceedings of the 21st International Congress of Theoretical and Applied Mechanics, Warsaw, Poland, 15-21 August 2004 - Removed
- 2017-12-29[PDF] NEWSPEAK in the 21st Century
- 2017-12-28[PDF] Reviewing Linguistic Thought: Converging Trends in the 21st Century (Trends in Linguistics. Studies and Monographs, 161)
- 2017-12-21[PDF] Furniture for the 21st Century
- 2017-12-21[PDF] God For The 21St Century
- 2017-12-18[PDF] UFOs for the 21st Century Mind: A Fresh Guide to an Ancient Mystery
- 2017-12-18[PDF] Statistics in the 21st Century (Chapman & Hall/CRC Monographs on Statistics & Applied Probability)
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.