[PDF] Daoism and Anarchism: Critiques of State Autonomy in Ancient and Modern China (Contemporary Anarchist Studies)
Posted on 2018-02-01, by luongquocchinh.
Author: John A. Rapp | Category: History | Language: English | Page: 240 | ISBN: 1441178805 | ISBN13: 9781441178800 |
Description: This volume in the Contemporary Anarchist Studies series focuses on anti-statist critiques in ancient and modern China and demonstrates that China does not have an unchallenged authoritarian political culture. Treating anarchism as a critique of centralized state power, the work first examines radical Daoist thought from the 4th century BCE to the 9th century CE and compares Daoist philosophers and poets to Western anarchist and utopian thinkers. This is followed by a survey of anarchist themes in dissident thought in the People's Republic of China from 1949 to the present. A concluding chapter discusses how Daoist anarchism can be applied to any anarchist-inspired radical critique today. This work not only challenges the usual ideas of the scope and nature of dissent in China, it also provides a unique comparison of ancient Chinese Daoist anarchism to Western anarchist. Featuring previously untranslated texts, such as the 9th century Buddhist anarchist tract, the Wunengzi, and essays from the PRC press, it will be an essential resource to anyone studying anarchism, Chinese political thought, political dissent, and political history.
Daoism and Anarchism: Critiques of State Autonomy in Ancient and Modern China (Contemporary Anarchist Studies).pdf
- Ebooks list page : 35858
- 2017-12-01[PDF] Anarchism and Political Modernity (Contemporary Anarchist Studies)
- 2017-11-04[PDF] Philosophical Anarchism and Political Obligation (Contemporary Anarchist Studies)
- 2020-06-08Philosophical Anarchism and Political Obligation (Contemporary Anarchist Studies)
- 2020-05-22Angelic Troublemakers: Religion and Anarchism in America (Contemporary Anarchist Studies)
- 2020-02-22Quasi-state Entities and International Criminal Justice: Legitimising Narratives and Counter-Narratives (Contemporary Security Studies)
- 2018-09-04Angelic Troublemakers Religion and Anarchism in America (Contemporary Anarchist Studies)
- 2018-02-02[PDF] Duality and Modern Economics
- 2018-02-01[PDF] Zooarchaeology and Modern Human Origins: Human Hunting Behavior during the Later Pleistocene (Vertebrate Paleobiology and Paleoanthropology) - Removed
- 2018-02-01[PDF] Death and the American South (Cambridge Studies on the American South)
- 2018-02-01[PDF] Philosophy and the Return of Violence: Studies from this Widening Gyre
- 2018-01-30[PDF] Politics and Aesthetics in Contemporary Native American Literature: Across Every Border (Indigenous Peoples and Politics)
- 2018-01-30[PDF] Women and the Word: Contemporary Women Novelists and the Bible - Removed
- 2018-01-29[PDF] Causation and Laws of Nature (Routledge Studies in Contemporary Philosophy)
- 2018-01-28[PDF] Principles and Modern Applications of Mass Transfer Operations, 3rd Edition
- 2018-01-28[PDF] Principles and Modern Applications of Mass Transfer Operations
- 2018-01-27[PDF] Heidegger and Nietzsche: Overcoming Metaphysics (Bloomsbury Studies in Continental Philosophy)
- 2018-01-25[PDF] Marx and Alienation in Contemporary Society
- 2018-01-25[PDF] Hunger and Modern Writing: Melville, Kafka, Hamsun, and Wright - Removed
- 2018-01-24[PDF] Algebra and Its Applications (Contemporary Mathematics)
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.