Posted on 2017-12-30, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Alexander W. Astin | Category: Education | Language: English | Page: 240 | ISBN: 0470769335 | ISBN13: 9780470769331 |
Description: This book is predicated on the belief that the spiritual development of college students has been largely ignored in our colleges and universities, despite the importance of spiritual matters to young people in their quest to lead integrated lives. Thus, while academics are understandably proud of their "outer" accomplishments in the fields of science, medicine, technology, and commerce, colleges and universities have increasingly come to neglect the student's "inner" development the sphere of values and beliefs, emotional maturity, spirituality, and self-understanding. The book defines "spiritual development" very broadly: how students make meaning of their education and their lives, how they develop a sense of purpose, the value and belief dilemmas that they experience, as well as the role of religion, the sacred, and the mystical in their lives. Each student, of course, will view his or her spirituality in a unique way. For many, traditional religious beliefs and practices may form the core of their spirituality for others such beliefs and practices may play little or no part. While two-thirds of the students in the study express a strong interest in spiritual matters, well over half report that their professors never encourage discussions of religious/spiritual matters, and about the same proportion report that professors never provide opportunities to discuss the purpose and meaning of life. By raising public awareness of the important role that spirituality plays in student learning and development, by alerting academic administrators, faculty, and curriculum committees to the importance of spiritual development, and by identifying possible strategies for enhancing that development, the book will encourage institutions to give greater priority to these spiritual aspects of studentsâ€™ educational and personal development.
Cultivating the Spirit: How College Can Enhance Students' Inner Lives.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 34859
- 2017-12-30[PDF] Cultivating the Spirit: How College Can Enhance Students' Inner Lives
- 2014-05-09Cultivating the Spirit: How College Can Enhance Students' Inner Lives
- 2014-04-27Cultivating the Spirit: How College Can Enhance Students' Inner Lives (repost)
- 2012-12-23Cultivating the Spirit: How College Can Enhance Students' Inner Lives
- 2018-01-15[PDF] Closing the Deficit: How Much Can Later Retirement Help?
- 2017-12-14[PDF] Taking the Stage: How Women Can Speak Up, Stand Out, and Succeed
- 2017-11-14[PDF] Reinventing the Meal: How Mindfulness Can Help You Slow Down, Savor the Moment, and Reconnect with the Ritual of Eating
- 2017-10-19[PDF] Beat the Crowd: How You Can Out-Invest the Herd by Thinking Differently (Fisher Investments Press)
- 2018-02-01[PDF] Making the Cut: How Cosmetic Surgery is Transforming Our Lives
- 2020-01-10Boost!: How the Psychology of Sports Can Enhance your Performance in Management and Work
- 2018-09-10Boost!: How the Psychology of Sports Can Enhance Your Performance in Management and Work
- 2018-01-31[PDF] Raising the Floor: How a Universal Basic Income Can Renew Our Economy and Rebuild the American Dream [Audiobook]
- 2018-01-05[PDF] A Whack on the Side of the Head: How You Can Be More Creative
- 2018-01-03[PDF] Management vs. Employees: How Leaders Can Bridge the Power Gaps That Hurt Corporate Performance - Removed
- 2017-12-28[PDF] Paying for the Party: How College Maintains Inequality
- 2017-12-25[PDF] Vitamin D Prescription: The Healing Power of the Sun & How It Can Save Your Life
- 2017-12-22[PDF] Decoding the City: How Big Data Can Change Urbanism
- 2017-12-19[PDF] Greening Health Care: How Hospitals Can Heal the Planet
- 2017-12-18[PDF] On the Take: How Medicine's Complicity with Big Business Can Endanger Your Health
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.