[PDF] Crude Volatility: The History and the Future of Boom-Bust Oil Prices (Center on Global Energy Policy Series)
Posted on 2018-01-25, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Robert McNally | Publisher: Columbia University Press | Category: Management | Language: English | Page: 336 | ISBN: 023117814X | ISBN13: 9780231178143 |
Description: As OPEC has loosened its grip over the past ten years, the oil market has been rocked by wild price swings, the likes of which haven't been seen for eight decades. Crafting an engrossing journey from the gushing Pennsylvania oil fields of the 1860s to today's fraught and fractious Middle East, Crude Volatility explains how past periods of stability and volatility in oil prices help us understand the new boom-bust era. Oil's notorious volatility has always been considered a scourge afflicting not only the oil industry but also the broader economy and geopolitical landscape Robert McNally makes sense of how oil became so central to our world and why it is subject to such extreme price fluctuations. Tracing a history marked by conflict, intrigue, and extreme uncertainty, McNally shows howeven from the oil industry's first yearswild and harmful price volatility prompted industry leaders and officials to undertake extraordinary efforts to stabilize oil prices by controlling production. Herculean market interventionsfirst, by Rockefeller's Standard Oil, then, by U.S. state regulators in partnership with major international oil companies, and, finally, by OPECsucceeded to varying degrees in taming the beast. McNally, a veteran oil market and policy expert, explains the consequences of the ebbing of OPEC's power, debunking myths and offering recommendationsincluding mistakes to avoidas we confront the unwelcome return of boom and bust oil prices.
Crude Volatility: The History and the Future of Boom-Bust Oil Prices (Center on Global Energy Policy Series).pdf
- Ebooks list page : 35646
- 2020-02-13Crude Volatility: The History and the Future of Boom-Bust Oil Prices (Center on Global Energy Policy Series)
- 2012-03-12Managing Enterprise Risk: What the Electric Industry Experience Implies for Contemporary Business (Elsevier Global Energy Policy and Economics Series)
- 2011-06-28Managing Enterprise Risk: What the Electric Industry Experience Implies for Contemporary Business (Elsevier Global Energy Policy and Economics Series)
- 2012-01-21Examination of the U.S. Air Force’s Aircraft Sustainment Needs in the Future and Its Strategy to Meet Those Needs - Committee On Examination Of The U.S. Air Force's Aircraft Sustainment Needs In The Future And Its St
- 2011-09-04Measuring and Sustaining the New Economy, Software, Growth, and the Future of the U.S Economy
- 2011-07-16Science and Technology and the Future Development of Societies: International Workshop Proceedings
- 2011-05-19Measuring and Sustaining the New Economy, Software, Growth, and the Future of the U.S Economy: Report of a Symposium
- 2012-01-19Governance and Opportunity in Metropolitan America - Committee On Improving The Future Of U.S. Cities Through Improved Metropolitan Area Governance
- 2011-11-05Preparing for the Revolution: Information Technology and the Future of the Research University
- 2011-10-03China, India, and the United States: The Future of Economic Supremacy" [The Great Courses]
- 2018-01-11[PDF] Gods, Wasps and Stranglers: The Secret History and Redemptive Future of Fig Trees
- 2018-01-03[PDF] Mandarins of the Future: Modernization Theory in Cold War America (New Studies in American Intellectual and Cultural History)
- 2017-12-26[PDF] Jerusalem Unbound: Geography, History, and the Future of the Holy City - Removed
- 2017-12-23[PDF] The History and Uncertain Future of Handwriting
- 2017-10-05[PDF] Rocketing Into the Future: The History and Technology of Rocket Planes - Removed
- 2017-01-13[PDF] Jerusalem Unbound: Geography, History, and the Future of the Holy City - Removed
- 2012-01-01The Future of Photovoltaic Manufacturing in the United States by Rapp. Charles W. Wessner
- 2011-09-12"The Future of Photovoltaic Manufacturing in the United States" by Rapp. Charles W. Wessner
- 2011-09-03The Future of Nursing: Leading Change, Advancing Health (Institute of Medicine)
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.