Posted on 2017-12-01, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Tim John Moore | Category: Education | Language: English | Page: 272 | ISBN: 1441157506 | ISBN13: 9781441157508 |
Description: This book explores what it means to be 'critical' in different disciplines in higher education and how students can be taught to be effective critical thinkers. This book clarifies the idea of critical thinking by investigating the 'critical' practices of academics across a range of disciplines. Drawing on key theorists - Wittgenstein, Geertz, Williams, Halliday - and using a 'textographic' approach, the book explores how the concept of critical thinking is understood by academics and also how it is constructed discursively in the texts and practices they employ in their teaching. Critical thinking is one of the most widely discussed concepts in debates on university learning. For many, the idea of teaching students to be critical thinkers characterizes more than anything else the overriding purpose of 'higher education'. But whilst there is general agreement about its importance as an educational ideal, there is surprisingly little agreement about what the concept means exactly. Also at issue is how and what students need to be taught in order to be properly critical in their field. This searching monograph seeks answers to these important questions.
Critical Thinking and Language: The Challenge of Generic Skills and Disciplinary Discourses.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 33964
- 2018-02-01[PDF] Critical Thinking and Intelligence Analysis (Second Edition)
- 2017-12-01[PDF] Critical Thinking and Writing for Nursing Students
- 2011-12-30The Miniature Guide to Critical Thinking-Concepts and Tools
- 2011-09-09The Miniature Guide to Critical Thinking-Concepts and Tools free ebook download
- 2018-01-08[PDF] Historical Thinking and Other Unnatural Acts: Charting the Future of Teaching the Past (Critical Perspectives On The Past)
- 2018-01-08[PDF] Critical Thinking About Sex, Love, and Romance in the Mass Media: Media Literacy Applications (Routledge Communication Series)
- 2017-11-10[PDF] Critical Theory and the Challenge of Praxis: Beyond Reification
- 2017-10-25[PDF] Thinking Outside The Box: How to Think Creatively By Applying Critical Thinking and Lateral Thinking
- 2011-11-02Reason to Write: Applying Critical Thinking to Academic Writing
- 2021-08-19Good Thinking Why Flawed Logic Puts Us All at Risk and How Critical Thinking Can Save the World [Audiobook]
- 2021-06-22Thinking Outside The Box: How to Think Creatively By Applying Critical Thinking and Lateral Thinking
- 2020-12-26Critical Thinking and Communication The Use of Reason in Argument, Global Edition
- 2020-05-14Thinking Outside The Box: How to Think Creatively By Applying Critical Thinking and Lateral Thinking
- 2020-05-05Critical Thinking and Formative Assessments: Increasing the Rigor in Your Classroom
- 2019-12-08The Irrational Ape: Why Flawed Logic Puts us all at Risk and How Critical Thinking Can Save the World
- 2019-11-03The Irrational Ape: Why Flawed Logic Puts us all at Risk and How Critical Thinking Can Save the World
- 2018-01-30[PDF] Critical Thinking: The Art of Argument
- 2018-01-26[PDF] Applied Soft Computing Technologies: The Challenge of Complexity (Advances in Intelligent and Soft Computing) - Removed
- 2018-01-23[PDF] Emotional Intelligence: Master Your Emotions- Raise Your EQ, Critical Thinking and Optimize Your Life
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.