Posted on 2017-11-07, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Coursera | Category: Video (tutorials, how-to, etc.) | Language: English | ISBN: e5fd64f5b8dd43bdb2bec2a66ade9890 |
Description: Coursera - Virology II: How Viruses Cause Disease English | 2014 | mp4 | VP80 960x540 | Vorbis 2 ch | 4 hrs 13 min | 2 GB eLearning Introductory virology course that covers the interplay between viruses and their host organisms, with with the goal of understanding viral diseases and their prevention. This introductory virology course explores the interplay between viruses and their host organisms. The course begins with an overview of how infection is established in a host, then moves to a virologist's view of immune defenses. Next we consider how the replication strategy and the host response determine the outcome of infection, such that some are short and others are of long duration. The mechanisms by which virus infections transform cells in culture are explored, a process that may lead to tumor formation in animals. We then move to a discussion of how viral infections are controlled by vaccines and antiviral drugs. After an introduction to viral evolution, we discuss the principles learned from zoonotic infections, emerging infections, and humankind's experiences with epidemic and pandemic viral infections. The course ends with an exploration of unusual infectious agents such as viroids, satellites, and prions, followed by a discussion of the causative agent of the most serious current worldwide epidemic, HIV-1. Course Syllabus Week 1 - Infection basics - Entry into the host - Viral spread - Tissue invasion and tropism - Transmission and seasonality Week 2 - Innate immune responses - Interferon - Sentinels and complement - Inflammation - Adaptive immunity Week 3 - Viral virulence - Mechanisms of cell injury I - Mechanisms of cell injury II - Host susceptibility Week 4 - Acute infections - Influenza - Poliomyelitis - Measles - Gastroenteritis - West Nile fever Week 5 - Persistent infections - Persistence by modulating the adaptive response - Two persistent infections - Herpes simplex virus - Epstein-Barr virus Week 6 - Transformation - RNA tumor viruses - Transforming retroviruses - DNA tumor viruses - Epiphenomena of a unique life style Week 7 - Vaccines - How do you make a vaccine? - Inactivated vaccines - Attenuated vaccines Week 8 - Antivirals - Antiviral discovery - Antiviral resistance - Other antiviral targets - HIV antivirals Week 9 - Viral evolution - Drivers of evolution - Error threshold and bottlenecks - Selection - Origins of viruses Week 10 - Emerging viruses - Host-virus interactions - Examples of emerging viruses - SARS and MERS - Canine parvovirus Week 11 - Viroids - Satellites - Transmissible spongiform encephalopathies - Prions Week 12 - HIV and AIDS - The origin of HIV - HIV pathogenesis - An amazing but deadly virus Recommended Background Two semesters of a rigorous, molecularly-oriented introductory biology course and Virology I: How Viruses Work.
Coursera - Virology II: How Viruses Cause Disease.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 33215
- 2020-05-30Coursera Virology Ii How Viruses Cause Disease
- 2020-05-15Coursera Virology II How Viruses Cause Disease
- 2017-11-07[PDF] Coursera - Virology I: How Viruses Work
- 2020-05-31Coursera Virology I How Viruses Work (columbia University)
- 2018-01-09[PDF] Molecular Virology of Human Pathogenic Viruses
- 2018-01-03[PDF] The Antioxidant Prescription: How to Use the Power of Antioxidants to Prevent Disease and Stay Healthy for Life
- 2017-12-18[PDF] Plant Virology Protocols: New Approaches to Detect Viruses and Host Responses (Methods in Molecular Biology)
- 2017-11-18[PDF] Cardiac Fibrosis and Heart Failure: Cause or Effect? (Advances in Biochemistry in Health and Disease) - Removed
- 2017-11-11[PDF] The Human Microbiota: How Microbial Communities Affect Health and Disease
- 2017-10-20[PDF] Identity Unknown: How acute brain disease can destroy knowledge of oneself and others (After Brain Injury: Survivor Stories)
- 2017-10-10[PDF] Cancer Survival Guide: How to Conquer this Disease and Live a Good Life (The DaVinci Guides)
- 2017-10-06[PDF] The Memory Cure : How to Protect Your Brain Against Memory Loss and Alzheimer's Disease
- 2017-01-17[PDF] The Antioxidant Prescription: How to Use the Power of Antioxidants to Prevent Disease and Stay Healthy for Life
- 2017-01-05[PDF] Molecular Virology of Human Pathogenic Viruses
- 2018-09-24How to Make Disease Disappear [Audiobook]
- 2018-08-14Steven R. Gundry, MD. - The Plant Paradox The Hidden Dangers in Healthy Foods That Cause Disease and...
- 2018-07-24How to Make Disease Disappear [Audiobook]
- 2018-07-12Dr. Rangan Chatterjee - How to Make Disease Disappear
- 2018-06-18How to Make Disease Disappear
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.