[PDF] Corporate Governance Failures: The Role of Institutional Investors in the Global Financial Crisis
Posted on 2018-01-31, by luongquocchinh.
Author: James P. Hawley, Shyam J. Kamath, Andrew T. Williams | Category: Management | Language: English | Page: 352 | ISBN: 0812243145 | ISBN13: 9780812243147 |
Description: Corporate governance, the internal policies and leadership that guide the actions of corporations, played a major part in the recent global financial crisis. While much blame has been targeted at compensation arrangements that rewarded extreme risk-taking but did not punish failure, the performance of large, supposedly sophisticated institutional investors in this crisis has gone for the most part unexamined. Shareholding organizations, such as pension funds and mutual funds, hold considerable sway over the financial industry from Wall Street to the City of London. Corporate Governance Failures: The Role of Institutional Investors in the Global Financial Crisis exposes the misdeeds and lapses of these institutional investors leading up to the recent economic meltdown. In this collection of original essays, edited by pioneers in the field of fiduciary capitalism, top legal and financial practitioners and researchers discuss detrimental actions and inaction of institutional investors. Corporate Governance Failures reveals how these organizations exposed themselves and their clientele to extremely complex financial instruments, such as credit default swaps, through investments in hedge and private equity funds as well as more traditional equity investments in large financial institutions. The book's contributors critique fund executives for tolerating the "pursuit of alpha" culture that led managers to pursue risky financial strategies in hopes of outperforming the market. The volume also points out how and why institutional investors failed to effectively monitor such volatile investments, ignoring relatively well-established corporate governance principles and best practices. Along with detailed investigations of institutional investor missteps, Corporate Governance Failures offers nuanced and realistic proposals to mitigate future financial pitfalls. This volume provides fresh perspectives on ways institutional investors can best act as gatekeepers and promote responsible investment.
Corporate Governance Failures: The Role of Institutional Investors in the Global Financial Crisis.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 35825
- 2014-05-04Corporate Governance and the Global Financial Crisis: International Perspectives (repost)
- 2014-05-04Corporate Governance and the Global Financial Crisis: International Perspectives
- 2013-02-09Corporate Governance and the Global Financial Crisis: International Perspectives
- 2017-12-17[PDF] Asian Responses to the Global Financial Crisis: The Impact of Regionalism and the Role of the G20
- 2012-04-13Corporate Governance Failures: The Role of Institutional Investors in the Global Financial Crisis (repost)
- 2011-10-08Corporate Governance Failures: The Role of Institutional Investors in the Global Financial Crisis (Repost)
- 2011-09-28Corporate Governance Failures: The Role of Institutional Investors in the Global Financial Crisis
- 2011-09-23Corporate Governance Failures: The Role of Institutional Investors in the Global Financial Crisis
- 2020-01-01Corporate Governance in the Aftermath of the Global Financial Crisis, Volume IV: Emerging Issues in Corporate Governance
- 2018-01-25[PDF] The Global Financial Crisis in Retrospect: Evolution, Resolution, and Lessons for Prevention - Removed
- 2018-01-09[PDF] European Bank Restructuring During the Global Financial Crisis (Palgrave Macmillan Studies in Banking and Financial Institutions) - Removed
- 2017-12-26[PDF] The Consequences of the Global Financial Crisis: The Rhetoric of Reform and Regulation
- 2017-12-20[PDF] Insights into the Global Financial Crisis
- 2017-12-20[PDF] Economic and Social Rights after the Global Financial Crisis
- 2017-12-08[PDF] Food Systems Failure: The Global Food Crisis and the Future of Agriculture (Earthscan Food and Agriculture)
- 2017-12-04[PDF] Ethics and the Global Financial Crisis: Why Incompetence is Worse than Greed (Business, Value Creation, and Society)
- 2017-11-21[PDF] The Global Financial Crisis and the Indian Economy - Removed
- 2017-11-18[PDF] Learning From the Global Financial Crisis: Creatively, Reliably, and Sustainably (High Reliability and Crisis Management)
- 2017-11-09[PDF] It's the Political Economy, Stupid: The Global Financial Crisis in Art and Theory
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.