Posted on 2017-10-24, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Steffan Igor Ayora-Diaz | Category: Cooking | Language: English | Page: 208 | ISBN: 1474234682 | ISBN13: 9781474234689 |
Description: New scientific discoveries, technologies and techniques often find their way into the space and equipment of domestic and professional kitchens. Using approaches based on anthropology, archaeology and history, Cooking Technology reveals the impact these and the associated broader socio-cultural, political and economic changes have on everyday culinary practices, explaining why people transform - or, indeed, refuse to change - their kitchens and food habits. Focusing on Mexico and Latin America, the authors look at poor, rural households as well as the kitchens of the well-to-do and professional chefs. Topics range from state subsidies for traditional ingredients, to the promotion of fusion foods, and the meaning of kitchens and cooking in different localities, as a result of people taking their cooking technologies and ingredients with them to recreate their kitchens abroad. What emerges is an image of Latin American kitchens as places where 'traditional' and 'modern' culinary values are constantly being renegotiated. The thirteen chapters feature case studies of areas in Mexico, the American-Mexican border, Cuba, Guatemala, Costa Rica, Venezuela, Colombia, Peru, and Brazil. With contributions from an international range of leading experts, Cooking Technology fills an important gap in the literature and provides an excellent introduction to the topic for students and researchers working in food studies, anthropology, history, and Latin American studies.
Cooking Technology: Transformations in Culinary Practice in Mexico and Latin America.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 32705
- 2020-05-09Cooking Technology: Transformations in Culinary Practice in Mexico and Latin America
- 2018-01-29[PDF] Global Etiquette Guide to Mexico and Latin America
- 2018-01-04[PDF] World Class Worldwide: Transforming Research Universities in Asia and Latin America
- 2017-11-13[PDF] Trends in Mathematical Economics: Dialogues Between Southern Europe and Latin America - Removed
- 2018-02-01[PDF] Contemporary Families: Translating Research Into Practice (Family Therapy and Counseling)
- 2018-01-17[PDF] Sustainable Architectures: Critical Explorations of Green Building Practice in Europe and North America
- 2018-01-06[PDF] COOKING LIGHT The Best Chicken Cookbook: 98 Easy and Delicious Weeknight Dinners
- 2017-12-29[PDF] Cooking Healthy: Grain Free for Diabetics, Gluten Intolerance and Paleo Diet
- 2017-12-13[PDF] Cooking for Two: 120 Recipes for Every Day and Those Special Nights
- 2017-11-26[PDF] Strategic Technology Management: Building Bridges Between Sciences, Engineering and Business Management
- 2017-11-20[PDF] Cooking to Cure: A nutritional approach to anxiety and depression
- 2017-11-11[PDF] Computational Technology for Effective Health Care: Immediate Steps and Strategic Directions
- 2017-11-09[PDF] Chemical Education: Towards Research-based Practice (Contemporary Trends and Issues in Science Education) - Removed
- 2017-10-21[PDF] Biblical Argument in Manichaean Missionary Practice (Nag Hammadi and Manichaean Studies)
- 2017-10-10[PDF] Water Technology in the Middle Ages: Cities, Monasteries, and Waterworks after the Roman Empire (Johns Hopkins Studies in the History of Technology)
- 2017-02-16[PDF] Contemporary Families: Translating Research Into Practice (Family Therapy and Counseling)
- 2017-01-19[PDF] Computational Technology for Effective Health Care: Immediate Steps and Strategic Directions
- 2016-12-23[PDF] Cooking for Two: 120 Recipes for Every Day and Those Special Nights
- 2018-11-21Sustainable Development Research and Practice in Mexico and Selected Latin American Countries
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.