Posted on 2017-11-19, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Richard Ned Lebow | Category: Sociology | Language: English | Page: 208 | ISBN: 1107047900 | ISBN13: 9781107047907 |
Description: Cause is a problematic concept in social science, as in all fields of knowledge. We organise information in terms of cause and effect to impose order on the world, but this can impede a more sophisticated understanding. In his latest book, Richard Ned Lebow reviews understandings of cause in physics and philosophy and concludes that no formulation is logically defensible and universal in its coverage. This is because cause is not a feature of the world but a cognitive shorthand we use to make sense of it. In practice, causal inference is always rhetorical and must accordingly be judged on grounds of practicality. Lebow offers a new approach - 'inefficient causation' - that is constructivist in its emphasis on the reasons people have for acting as they do, but turns to other approaches to understand the aggregation of their behaviour. This novel approach builds on general understandings and idiosyncratic features of context.
Constructing Cause in International Relations.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 33594
- 2011-10-01Producing Hegemony (Cambridge Studies in International Relations)
- 2018-01-31[PDF] Guerrilla Diplomacy: Rethinking International Relations
- 2018-01-29[PDF] Cosmopolitan Power in International Relations: A Synthesis of Realism, Neoliberalism, and Constructivism
- 2018-01-26[PDF] Evaluating Progress in International Relations: How do you know? (New International Relations)
- 2018-01-20[PDF] The Environment and International Relations (Themes in International Relations)
- 2017-12-30[PDF] Key Concepts in International Relations
- 2017-12-25[PDF] Power, Postcolonialism and International Relations: Reading Race, Gender and Class
- 2017-12-24[PDF] The Invention of International Relations Theory: Realism, the Rockefeller Foundation, and the 1954 Conference on Theory
- 2017-12-13[PDF] National Identities and International Relations - Removed
- 2017-12-13[PDF] Historical Institutionalism and International Relations: Explaining Institutional Development in World Politics
- 2017-11-20[PDF] Human Rights in International Relations (Themes in International Relations)
- 2017-11-10[PDF] Peace and War: International Relations 1943-1991
- 2017-11-02[PDF] Realist Constructivism: Rethinking International Relations Theory
- 2017-10-27[PDF] The Environment and International Relations (Global Environmental Change Series)
- 2017-10-26[PDF] Global Health and International Relations
- 2017-10-26[PDF] Ontological Security in International Relations: Self-Identity and the IR State (New International Relations)
- 2017-10-22[PDF] An Introduction to International Relations and Religion (2nd edition)
- 2017-10-17[PDF] Recasting Iranian Modernity: International Relations and Social Change (Iranian Studies)
- 2017-10-16[PDF] Role Theory in International Relations (Routledge Advances in International Relations and Global Politics)
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.