Posted on 2018-01-20, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Nidesh Lawtoo | Category: Philosophy | Language: English | Page: 480 | ISBN: 1611862183 | ISBN13: 9781611862188 |
Description: Western thought has often dismissed shadows as fictional, but what if fictions reveal original truths? Drawing on an anti-Platonic tradition in critical theory, Lawtoo adopts ethical, anthropological, and philosophical lenses to offer new readings of Joseph Conradâ€™s novels and the postcolonial and cinematic works that respond to his oeuvre. He argues that Conradâ€™s fascination with doubles urges readers to reflect on the two sides of mimesis: one side is dark and pathological, and involves the escalation of violence, contagious epidemics, and catastrophic storms the other side is luminous and therapeutic, and promotes communal survival, postcolonial reconciliation, and plastic adaptations to changing environments. Once joined, the two sides reveal Conrad as an author whose Janus-faced fictions are powerfully relevant to our contemporary world of global violence and environmental crisis.
Conrad's Shadow: Catastrophe, Mimesis, Theory (Studies in Violence, Mimesis, & Culture).pdf
- Ebooks list page : 35498
- 2018-01-20[PDF] Conrad's Shadow: Catastrophe, Mimesis, Theory (Studies in Violence, Mimesis, & Culture)
- 2020-06-09Conrad's Shadow: Catastrophe, Mimesis, Theory (Studies in Violence, Mimesis, & Culture)
- 2018-01-16[PDF] Computational Intelligence Based on Lattice Theory (Studies in Computational Intelligence) - Removed
- 2017-10-12[PDF] Evolution and Revolution in Linguistic Theory: Studies in Honor of Carlos P. Otero (Georgetown Studies In Romance)
- 2017-03-11Intimate Domain Desire, Trauma, and Mimetic Theory (Studies in Violence, Mimesis, & Culture)
- 2018-01-20[PDF] Intersecting Film, Music, and Queerness (Palgrave Studies in Audio-Visual Culture) - Removed
- 2018-01-10[PDF] Creativity _ A New Vocabulary (Palgrave Studies in Creativity and Culture)
- 2020-01-15Mimetic Theory and World Religions (Studies in Violence, Mimesis, & Culture)
- 2018-02-01[PDF] Integration of Fuzzy Logic and Chaos Theory (Studies in Fuzziness and Soft Computing) - Removed
- 2018-01-27[PDF] Flexible and Generalized Uncertainty Optimization: Theory and Methods (Studies in Computational Intelligence)
- 2018-01-27[PDF] Choreographies of 21st Century Wars (Oxford Studies in Dance Theory).
- 2018-01-25[PDF] Darboux Transformations in Integrable Systems: Theory and their Applications to Geometry (Mathematical Physics Studies) - Removed
- 2018-01-25[PDF] The Transformation of Property Regimes and Transitional Justice in Central Eastern Europe: In Search of a Theory (Studies in the History of Law and Justice) - Removed
- 2018-01-24[PDF] A Scrapbook of Complex Curve Theory (Graduate Studies in Mathematics)
- 2018-01-22[PDF] Algebraic Groups and Differential Galois Theory (Graduate Studies in Mathematics)
- 2018-01-21[PDF] Ancient Fortifications: A Compendium of Theory and Practice (Fokus Fortifikation Studies)
- 2018-01-16[PDF] Lectures in Logic and Set Theory. Volume I: Mathematical Logic (Cambridge Studies in Advanced Mathematics)
- 2018-01-10[PDF] A Critical History of Schizophrenia (Palgrave Studies in the Theory and History of Psychology) - Removed
- 2018-01-09[PDF] Aesthetics After Metaphysics: From Mimesis to Metaphor (Routledge Studies in Contemporary Philosophy)
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.