Posted on 2017-12-26, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Joseph Chan | Category: Philosophy | Language: English | Page: 272 | ISBN: 0691158614 | ISBN13: 9780691158617 |
Description: Since the very beginning, Confucianism has been troubled by a serious gap between its political ideals and the reality of societal circumstances. Contemporary Confucians must develop a viable method of governance that can retain the spirit of the Confucian ideal while tackling problems arising from nonideal modern situations. The best way to meet this challenge, Joseph Chan argues, is to adopt liberal democratic institutions that are shaped by the Confucian conception of the good rather than the liberal conception of the right. Confucian Perfectionism examines and reconstructs both Confucian political thought and liberal democratic institutions, blending them to form a new Confucian political philosophy. Chan decouples liberal democratic institutions from their popular liberal philosophical foundations in fundamental moral rights, such as popular sovereignty, political equality, and individual sovereignty. Instead, he grounds them on Confucian principles and redefines their roles and functions, thus mixing Confucianism with liberal democratic institutions in a way that strengthens both. Then he explores the implications of this new yet traditional political philosophy for fundamental issues in modern politics, including authority, democracy, human rights, civil liberties, and social justice. Confucian Perfectionism critically reconfigures the Confucian political philosophy of the classical period for the contemporary era.
Confucian Perfectionism: A Political Philosophy for Modern Times (Princeton-China).pdf
- Ebooks list page : 34739
- 2017-12-10[PDF] Rhodiola rosea (Traditional Herbal Medicines for Modern Times)
- 2017-12-03[PDF] Shrubs: An Old Fashioned Drink for Modern Times
- 2017-11-01[PDF] The Ashram Diet: Ancient Wisdom for Modern Times
- 2012-03-22Traditional Medicinal Plants and Malaria (Traditional Herbal Medicines for Modern Times)
- 2017-11-17[PDF] Philosophy for Life and Other Dangerous Situations: Ancient Philosophy for Modern Problems
- 2017-11-04[PDF] Otto Neurath - City Planning: Proposing a socio-political Map for Modern Urbanism von Sophie Elisabeth Hochhausl [German]
- 2018-08-01Think Differently Open your mind. Philosophy for modern life (BUILD BECOME)
- 2018-01-25[PDF] Australian Native Plants: Cultivation and Uses in the Health and Food Industries (Traditional Herbal Medicines for Modern Times)
- 2018-01-19[PDF] Complementary and Alternative Medicines in Prostate Cancer: A Comprehensive Approach (Traditional Herbal Medicines for Modern Times)
- 2018-01-11[PDF] 88 Natural Remedies: Ancient Healing Traditions for Modern Times
- 2018-01-10[PDF] The Craft of Political Analysis for Diplomats (ADST-DACOR Diplomats and Diplomacy)
- 2018-01-10[PDF] TAO of Letting Go Meditation For Modern Living
- 2018-01-06[PDF] 88 Natural Remedies: Ancient Healing Traditions for Modern Times (National Geographic Shorts)
- 2017-12-30[PDF] Gua sha: A Traditional Technique for Modern Practice, 2e
- 2017-12-27[PDF] Phyllanthus Species: Scientific Evaluation and Medicinal Applications (Traditional Herbal Medicines for Modern Times)
- 2017-12-26[PDF] Chamomile: Medicinal, Biochemical, and Agricultural Aspects (Traditional Herbal Medicines for Modern Times)
- 2017-12-20[PDF] Collapse of an Empire: Lessons for Modern Russia
- 2017-12-18[PDF] Traditional Medicines for Modern Times: Antidiabetic Plants (Traditional Herbal Medicines for Modern Times)
- 2017-12-15[PDF] An Introduction to Political Philosophy (Cambridge Introductions to Philosophy)
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.