[PDF] Confronting America: The Cold War between the United States and the Communists in France and Italy (The New Cold War History)
Posted on 2018-01-24, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Alessandro Brogi | Publisher: The University of North Carolina Press | Category: Military Science | Language: English | Page: 533 | ISBN: 0807834734 | ISBN13: 9780807834732 |
Description: Throughout the Cold War, the United States encountered unexpected challenges from Italy and France, two countries with the strongest, and determinedly most anti-American, Communist Parties in Western Europe. Based primarily on new evidence from communist archives in France and Italy, as well as research archives in the United States, Alessandro Brogi's original study reveals how the United States was forced by political opposition within these two core Western countries to reassess its own anticommunist strategies, its image, and the general meaning of American liberal capitalist culture and ideology. Brogi shows that the resistance to Americanization was a critical test for the French and Italian communists' own legitimacy and existence. Their anti-Americanism was mostly dogmatic and driven by the Soviet Union, but it was also, at crucial times, subtle and ambivalent, nurturing fascination with the American culture of dissent. The staunchly anticommunist United States, Brogi argues, found a successful balance to fighting the communist threat in France and Italy by employing diplomacy and fostering instances of mild dissent in both countries. Ultimately, both the French and Italian communists failed to adapt to the forces of modernization that stemmed both from indigenous factors and from American influence. Confronting America illuminates the political, diplomatic, economic, and cultural conflicts behind the U.S.-communist confrontation.
Confronting America: The Cold War between the United States and the Communists in France and Italy (The New Cold War History).pdf
- Ebooks list page : 35636
- 2012-02-12Old Pine Bar - The New Yankee Workshop
- 2012-02-12Morris Chair - The New Yankee Workshop
- 2017-10-27[PDF] Leaving America: The New Expatriate Generation
- 2017-02-06[PDF] Leaving America: The New Expatriate Generation
- 2019-11-21Frontiers of Labor: Comparative Histories of the United States and Australia (Working Class in American History)
- 2010-08-24The United States and Italy, 1940-1950: The Politics and Diplomacy of StabilizationItaly
- 2017-12-05[PDF] A Field Guide to Western Trees: Western United States and Canada (Peterson Field Guides)
- 2017-02-10[PDF] A Field Guide to Western Trees: Western United States and Canada (Peterson Field Guides)
- 2012-05-11Panzers In The Balkans And Italy Quarrie (World War 2 Photo Album #19)
- 2018-01-11[PDF] Little America: The War Within the War for Afghanistan
- 2018-01-08[PDF] The United States and Germany in the Era of the Cold War, 1945-1968: A Handbook, Vol. 1: 1945-1968
- 2017-12-11[PDF] Little America: The War Within the War for Afghanistan [Audiobook]
- 2017-11-07[PDF] The Cold War in South Asia: Britain, the United States and the Indian Subcontinent, 1945-1965
- 2017-10-31[PDF] Old Nazis, the New Right, and the Republican Party: Domestic fascist networks and their effect on U.S. cold war politics
- 2017-01-17[PDF] Little America: The War Within the War for Afghanistan
- 2011-11-11Presidents II Of The United States Of America
- 2020-04-23Nixon, Kissinger, and the Shah: The United States and Iran in the Cold War
- 2019-05-10Cold War Democracy The United States and Japan
- 2019-04-30Cold War Democracy The United States and Japan
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.