[PDF] Climate Change Mitigation in Developing Countries: A Critical Assessment of the Clean Develoment Mechanism
Posted on 2017-11-19, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Paula Castro | Category: Geosciences | Language: English | Page: 224 | ISBN: 1782545670 | ISBN13: 9781782545675 |
Description: 'Against all odds, the CDM has shown that market mechanisms for greenhouse gas reduction in developing countries can work. Nevertheless, as Paula Castro explains convincingly, the CDM is no 'magic bullet'. Advanced developing countries need to be 'weaned off' the CDM in order to take up commitments, while the monetary incentive from emission credit sales is insufficient to put least developed countries on a low-emission pathway. However, experience from the CDM remains critical in designing new market mechanisms.' - Axel Michaelowa, University of Zurich, Switzerland In this groundbreaking book, Paula Castro presents the first systematic categorization of positive and negative incentives generated by the Clean Development Mechanism (CDM) for climate change mitigation in the Global South. To reduce the cost of meeting their greenhouse gas emission reduction commitments under the Kyoto Protocol, industrialized countries may rely on the CDM, a market instrument that allows them to count emission reductions from projects in developing countries as their own. Presented in four core empirical chapters, the book critically reviews whether and how the CDM creates incentives or disincentives for developing country action towards reducing greenhouse gas emissions, and draws lessons for the future international climate change regime. Recommendations and discussion on the reform of the CDM invoke debate on the future of this policy in developing countries, which is vital material for both policymakers and international institutions introducing similar instruments. Students and researchers working on topics related to environmental politics, climate policy, environmental economics and environmental science will also find this resource invaluable.
Climate Change Mitigation in Developing Countries: A Critical Assessment of the Clean Develoment Mechanism.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 33594
- 2020-07-06Climate Change Mitigation in Developing Countries: A Critical Assessment of the Clean Develoment Mechanism
- 2018-01-26[PDF] Climate Change Adaptation in Pacific Countries: Fostering Resilience and Improving the Quality of Life (Climate Change Management)
- 2019-12-06Urban Climate Change Adaptation in Developing Countries: Policies, Projects, and Scenarios
- 2017-11-19[PDF] Climate Change Mitigation: Greenhouse Gas Reduction and Biochemicals
- 2018-01-21[PDF] Climate Change, Energy Use, and Sustainability: Diagnosis and Prescription after the Great East Japan Earthquake (SpringerBriefs in Environment, Security, Development and Peace) - Removed
- 2017-12-17[PDF] Climate Change and Energy Supply and Use: Technical Report for the U.S. Department of Energy in Support of the National Climate Assessment (NCA Regional Input Reports)
- 2017-11-18[PDF] Climate Change, Agriculture and Rural Livelihoods in Developing Countries (Advances in Asian Human-Environmental Research) - Removed
- 2017-10-23[PDF] Climate Change and Agricultural Water Management in Developing Countries (CABI Climate Change Series)
- 2018-01-30[PDF] Carbon Sequestration for Climate Change Mitigation and Adaptation
- 2018-01-24[PDF] Managing Boreal Forests in the Context of Climate Change: Impacts, Adaptation and Climate Change Mitigation
- 2018-01-24[PDF] Climate Change - Research and Technology for Adaptation and Mitigation
- 2018-01-17[PDF] Biochar: A Regional Supply Chain Approach in View of Climate Change Mitigation
- 2018-01-03[PDF] Forests to Climate Change Mitigation: Clean Development Mechanism in Bangladesh (Environmental Science and Engineering) - Removed
- 2017-12-31[PDF] Climate Change 2007 - Mitigation of Climate Change: Working Group III contribution to the Fourth Assessment Report of the IPCC
- 2017-12-27[PDF] Handbook of Climate Change Mitigation and Adaptation - Removed
- 2017-12-25[PDF] The Economics of Climate Change Mitigation: Policies and Options for Global Action beyond 2012
- 2017-12-23[PDF] Climate Change Adaptation and Mitigation Management Options: A Guide for Natural Resource Managers in Southern Forest Ecosystems
- 2017-12-07[PDF] Handbook of Climate Change Mitigation - Removed
- 2017-11-18[PDF] Sustainable Agroecosystems in Climate Change Mitigation
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.