Posted on 2018-01-27, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Gay Morris | Publisher: Oxford University Press | Category: History | Language: English | Page: 384 | ISBN: 0190201665 | ISBN13: 9780190201661 |
Description: Wars in this century are radically different from the major conflicts of the 20th century more amorphous, asymmetrical, globally connected, and unending. Choreographies of 21st Century Wars is the first book to analyze the interface between choreography and wars in this century, a pertinent inquiry since choreography has long been linked to war and military training. The book draws on recent political theory that posits shifts in the kinds of wars occurring since the First and Second World Wars and the Cold War, all of which were wars between major world powers. Given the dominance of today's more indeterminate, asymmetrical, less decisive wars, we ask if choreography, as an organizing structure and knowledge system, might not also need revision in order to reflect on, and intercede in, a globalized world of continuous warfare. In an introduction and sixteen chapters, authors from a number of disciplines investigate how choreography and war in this century impinge on each other. Choreographers write of how they have related to contemporary war in specific works, while other contributors investigate the interconnections between war and choreography through theatrical works, dances, military rituals and drills, the choreography of video war games and television shows. Issues investigated include torture and terror, the status of war refugees, concerns surrounding fighting and peacekeeping soldiers, national identity tied to military training, and more. The anthology is of interest to scholars in dance, performance, theater, and cultural studies, as well as the social sciences.
Choreographies of 21st Century Wars (Oxford Studies in Dance Theory)..pdf
- Ebooks list page : 35716
- 2017-03-10Choreographies of 21st Century Wars (Oxford Studies in Dance Theory)
- 2018-01-01[PDF] The Acadian Diaspora: An Eighteenth-Century History (Oxford Studies in International History)
- 2017-11-30[PDF] Ethics and War in the 21st Century (LSE International Studies Series)
- 2017-04-05[PDF] Epigraphical Approaches to the Post-Classical Polis: Fourth Century BC to Second Century AD (Oxford Studies in Ancient Documents)
- 2017-02-16[PDF] Ethics and War in the 21st Century (LSE International Studies Series)
- 2017-01-11[PDF] The Acadian Diaspora: An Eighteenth-Century History (Oxford Studies in International History)
- 2017-01-11[PDF] Epigraphical Approaches to the Post-Classical Polis: Fourth Century BC to Second Century AD (Oxford Studies in Ancient Documents)
- 2012-09-25The Role of Theory in Advancing 21st-Century Biology: Catalyzing Transformative Research
- 2011-12-28The Role of Theory in Advancing 21st-Century Biology: Catalyzing Transformative Research
- 2011-11-07Managing Construction and Infrastructure in the 21st Century Bureau of Reclamation
- 2011-09-12Energy and Transportation: Challenges for the Chemical Sciences in the 21st Century
- 2011-09-06Information and Communications: Challenges for the Chemical Sciences in the 21st Century
- 2011-09-05The Role of Theory in Advancing 21st-Century Biology: Catalyzing Transformative Research
- 2011-07-03A New Biology for the 21st Century
- 2020-08-01Contested Monarchy: Integrating the Roman Empire in the Fourth Century AD (Oxford Studies in Late Antiquity)
- 2020-04-03Agricultural Policy of the United States: Historic Foundations and 21st Century Issues (Palgrave Studies in Agricultural Economics and Food Policy)
- 2018-01-30[PDF] Roget's 21st Century Thesaurus, Third Edition (Roget's Twentieth-First Century Thesaurus in Dictionary Form)
- 2018-01-27[PDF] Transition to 21st Century Healthcare: A Guide for Leaders and Quality Professionals
- 2018-01-24[PDF] Japanese Syntax in Comparative Perspective (Oxford Studies in Comparative Syntax)
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.