[PDF] Chaucer's Tale: 1386 and the Road to Canterbury
Posted on 2017-12-15, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Paul Strohm | Category: Non-fiction | Language: English | Page: 304 | ISBN: 0670026433 | ISBN13: 9780670026432 |
Description: A lively microbiography of Chaucer that tells the story of the tumultuous year that led to the creation of The Canterbury Tales In 1386, Geoffrey Chaucer endured his worst year, but began his best poem. The father of English literature did not enjoy in his lifetime the literary celebrity that he has todayâ€”far from it. The middle-aged Chaucer was living in London, working as a midlevel bureaucrat and sometime poet, until a personal and professional crisis set him down the road leading to The Canterbury Tales. In the politically and economically fraught London of the late fourteenth century, Chaucer was swept up against his will in a series of disastrous events that would ultimately leave him jobless, homeless, separated from his wife, exiled from his city, and isolated in the countryside of Kentâ€”with no more audience to hear the poetry he labored over. At the loneliest time of his life, Chaucer made the revolutionary decision to keep writing, and to write for a national audience, for posterity, and for fame. Brought expertly to life by Paul Strohm, this is the eye-opening story of the birth one of the most celebrated literary creations of the English language. â€œPaul Strohm illuminates how 1386 marked a decisive year for Geoffrey Chaucer, one in which he went from accomplished coterie poet to the popular author of the work of genius for which he is celebrated to this day: The Canterbury Tales. In Chaucerâ€™s Tale, Strohm, one of the finest medievalists of our time, brings this turbulent moment in Chaucerâ€™s England to life, recovering in vivid detail the professional and creative pilgrimage that led Chaucer to compose so memorable a fictional one.â€ â€”James Shapiro, author of 1599: A Year in the Life of William Shakespeare â€œStrohm uses his analysis of Chaucerâ€™s annus horribilis of 1386 as a jumping-off point for exploring no less a question than who Chaucer wasâ€”as a functionary, a resident of London, a member of the Kingâ€™s circle and of Parliament, and a writer working in the fourteenth century. Strohmâ€™s scholarship is scrupulous his conclusions fascinating. This is a portrait not just of Chaucer but of the complex and rapidly changing world in which he lived, worked, and wroteâ€”a tale that intrigues at every turn.â€ â€”Charlie Lovett, author of The Bookmanâ€™s Tale and First Impressions
Chaucer's Tale: 1386 and the Road to Canterbury.pdf
Sponsored High Speed Downloads
9451 dl's @ 3286 KB/sDownload Now [Full Version]
5004 dl's @ 2501 KB/sDownload Link 1 - Fast Download
8822 dl's @ 3328 KB/sDownload Mirror - Direct Download
Search More...[PDF] Chaucer's Tale: 1386 and the Road to Canterbury
Download this book
No active download links here?Please check the description for download links if any or do a search to find alternative books.
- Ebooks list page : 34408
- 2018-01-09[PDF] 4G, LTE-Advanced Pro and The Road to 5G, Third Edition
- 2017-12-14[PDF] American Spring: Lexington, Concord, and the Road to Revolution
- 2017-11-12[PDF] Malcolm X, Black Liberation, and the Road to Workers Power
- 2017-10-10[PDF] Wounded Knee: Party Politics and the Road to an American Massacre
- 2017-02-06[PDF] American Spring: Lexington, Concord, and the Road to Revolution
- 2017-01-05[PDF] 4G, LTE-Advanced Pro and The Road to 5G, Third Edition
- 2022-07-19PENELOPE AND THE WICKED DUKE BY SOFI LAPORTE PDF
- 2022-07-16Free Download The Alpha and the Female Warrior PDF
- 2022-07-16The Nerd And The THUG By Neshie M
- 2022-07-16Diary Of Nomusa And The Mad Prince Download Free
- 2019-07-15%^(Satisfying) - Why You Should Read Jess, Chunk, and the Road Trip to Infinity by Kristin Elizabeth Clark Online or Download [~PDF ~EPUB ~MOBI]
- 2019-02-16Driverless Intelligent Cars and the Road Ahead by Hod Lipson, Melba Kurman PDF
- 2018-02-01[PDF] Mac OS X Unwired: A Guide for Home, Office, and the Road
- 2018-01-28[PDF] Driverless: Intelligent Cars and the Road Ahead
- 2018-01-19[PDF] Windows XP Unwired: A Guide for Home, Office, and the Road
- 2018-01-03[PDF] Tony Hillerman's Landscape: On the Road with Chee and Leaphorn - Removed
- 2017-12-31[PDF] The Looming Tower: Al-Qaeda and the Road to 9/11
- 2017-12-31[PDF] George, Nicholas and Wilhelm: Three Royal Cousins and the Road to World War I (Audiobook)
- 2017-12-25[PDF] The Energy of Nations: Risk Blindness and the Road to Renaissance - Removed
No comments for "[PDF] Chaucer's Tale: 1386 and the Road to Canterbury".
Add Your Comments
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.