Posted on 2018-01-24, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Daniel B. Fishman and Stanley B. Messer | Publisher: Oxford University Press | Category: Psychology | Language: English | Page: 384 | ISBN: 0199344639 | ISBN13: 9780199344635 |
Description: Much has been written about the basic incompatibility of the dominant quantitative research model in psychotherapy and the qualitative preferences of the practitioner community providing psychotherapy. Researchers and clinicians are at odds over the most valuable type of knowledge needed: that emerging from quantitative, experimental research versus that from qualitative, case-based practice, respectively. Recently, a number of emerging research methods have attempted to bridge and integrate these two approaches. Case Studies within Psychotherapy Trials is one such effort and significantly furthers the synergy between them. The volume provides a comprehensive illustration of the "cases-within-trials" (CWT) model of research. Quantitative findings from four randomized clinical trials (RCT) are synthesized with qualitative and quantitative findings from systematic case studies of successful and unsuccessful clients representatively drawn from each RCT. The book opens with the history of dialectic and political controversy in psychotherapy research and recent initiatives to bridge the differing perspectives. The RCT and case study projects follow, each commented on by outside experts. In the final chapter the editors compare and contrast the separate projects and draw insightful, impactful conclusions. By bringing together quantitative, natural scientific perspectives on research and qualitative, interpretative understandings and strategies, the chapter authors demonstrate how practitioners can be meaningfully included in future psychotherapy research. This book will be of great interest to psychotherapy researchers and practitioners and those interested in research methods in the behavioral sciences more generally.
Case Studies Within Psychotherapy Trials: Integrating Qualitative and Quantitative Methods.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 35624
- 2017-12-28[PDF] Case Studies in Language Curriculum Design: Concepts and Approaches in Action Around the World
- 2017-02-17[PDF] Case Studies in Language Curriculum Design: Concepts and Approaches in Action Around the World
- 2011-11-07The Air War In Southeast Asia (Case Studies of Selected Campaigns)
- 2018-02-01[PDF] Case Studies of Postoperative Complications after Digestive Surgery - Removed
- 2018-02-01[PDF] The Neuropsychology of the Unconscious: Integrating Brain and Mind in Psychotherapy (Norton Series on Interpersonal Neurobiology)
- 2018-01-28[PDF] Case Studies in Performance Management: A Guide from the Experts
- 2018-01-23[PDF] Case Studies in Archaeological Predictive Modeling (Archaeological Studies Leiden University Press)
- 2018-01-22[PDF] Case Studies in Pediatric Infectious Diseases
- 2018-01-20[PDF] Case Studies in Communication Sciences and Disorders - Removed
- 2018-01-20[PDF] Case studies in strategic bombardment
- 2018-01-11[PDF] Child and Adolescent Resilience Within Medical Contexts: Integrating Research and Practice - Removed
- 2018-01-11[PDF] International Brand Management of Chinese Companies: Case Studies on the Chinese Household Appliances and Consumer Electronics Industry Entering US ... European Markets (Contributions to Economics) - Removed
- 2018-01-05[PDF] Case Studies in Hypocrisy: U.S. Human Rights Policy [Audiobook]
- 2018-01-01[PDF] Eco-efficient Construction and Building Materials: Life Cycle Assessment (LCA), Eco-Labelling and Case Studies (Woodhead Publishing Series in Civil and Structural Engineering)
- 2018-01-01[PDF] Case Studies in Palliative and End-of-Life Care
- 2018-01-01[PDF] Case Studies in Biomedical Research Ethics (Basic Bioethics)
- 2017-12-31[PDF] Case Studies in Lipid Management
- 2017-12-30[PDF] Case Studies in Emotion-Focused Treatment of Depression: A Comparison of Good and Poor Outcome
- 2017-12-27[PDF] Case Studies in Epilepsy: Common and Uncommon Presentations (Case Studies in Neurology)
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.