Posted on 2017-12-09, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Rashid Khalidi | Publisher: Beacon Press | Category: History | Language: English | Page: 208 | ISBN: 080704475X | ISBN13: 9780807044759 |
Description: An examination of the failure of the United States as a broker in the Palestinian-Israeli peace process, through three key historical moments For more than seven decades the conflict between Israel and the Palestinian people has raged on with no end in sight, and for much of that time, the United States has been involved as a mediator in the conflict. In this book, acclaimed historian Rashid Khalidi zeroes in on the United Statesâ€™s role as the purported impartial broker in this failed peace process. Khalidi closely analyzes three historical moments that illuminate how the United Statesâ€™ involvement has, in fact, thwarted progress toward peace between Israel and Palestine. The first moment he investigates is the â€œReagan Planâ€ of 1982, when Israeli prime minister Menachem Begin refused to accept the Reagan administrationâ€™s proposal to reframe the Camp David Accords more impartially. The second moment covers the period after the Madrid Peace Conference, from 1991 to 1993, during which negotiations between Israel and Palestine were brokered by the United States until the signing of the secretly negotiated Oslo accords. Finally, Khalidi takes on President Barack Obamaâ€™s retreat from plans to insist on halting the settlements in the West Bank. Through in-depth research into and keen analysis of these three moments, as well as his own firsthand experience as an advisor to the Palestinian delegation at the 1991 preâ€“Oslo negotiations in Washington, DC, Khalidi reveals how the United States and Israel have actively colluded to prevent a Palestinian state and resolve the situation in Israelâ€™s favor. Brokers of Deceit bares the truth about why peace in the Middle East has been impossible to achieve: for decades, US policymakers have masqueraded as unbiased agents working to bring the two sides together, when, in fact, they have been the agents of continuing injustice, effectively preventing the difficult but essential steps needed to achieve peace in the region.
Brokers of Deceit: How the U.S. Has Undermined Peace in the Middle East.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 34235
- 2013-10-22Brokers of Deceit: How the U.S. Has Undermined Peace in the Middle East
- 2018-01-13[PDF] Poor Places, Thriving People: How the Middle East and North Africa Can Rise Above Spatial Disparities (MENA Development Report)
- 2018-01-31[PDF] Business and Society in the Middle East: Exploring Responsible Business Practice (Palgrave Studies in Governance, Leadership and Responsibility) - Removed
- 2018-01-26[PDF] Spies and Holy Wars: The Middle East in 20th-Century Crime Fiction
- 2018-01-24[PDF] US Foreign Policy in the Middle East: The Case for Continuity - Removed
- 2018-01-17[PDF] A Brief History of the Middle East
- 2017-12-29[PDF] A Political Economy of the Middle East: Third Edition, UPDATED 2013 EDITION
- 2017-12-28[PDF] A Brief History of the Middle East: From Abraham to Arafat
- 2017-12-14[PDF] Critical Turning Points in the Middle East: 1915 - 2015 - Removed
- 2017-12-13[PDF] Contemporary Urban Landscapes of the Middle East (Routledge Research in Landscape and Environmental Design)
- 2017-12-08[PDF] A Concise History of the Middle East: Ninth Edition - Removed
- 2017-11-18[PDF] Race and Slavery in the Middle East: Histories of Trans-Saharan Africans in 19th-Century Egypt, Sudan, and the Ottoman Mediterranean
- 2017-11-12[PDF] Religion and Politics in the Middle East: Identity, Ideology, Institutions, and Attitudes
- 2017-11-10[PDF] Vegetarian Dishes from Across the Middle East
- 2017-10-31[PDF] Migrant Domestic Workers in the Middle East: The Home and the World - Removed
- 2017-10-29[PDF] Rising Terror Groups in the Middle East and North Africa (Terrorism, Hot Spots and Conflict-Related Issues)
- 2017-10-27[PDF] Headscarves and Hymens: Why the Middle East Needs a Sexual Revolution
- 2017-10-26[PDF] Warfare and Poetry in the Middle East
- 2017-10-22[PDF] Regional Security Dialogue in the Middle East: Changes, Challenges and Opportunities (UCLA Center for Middle East Development (CMED) series)
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.