Posted on 2017-11-29, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Susan L. Mizruchi | Publisher: W. W. Norton & Company | Category: Non-fiction | Language: English | Page: 512 | ISBN: 0393082865 | ISBN13: 9780393082869 |
Description: A groundbreaking work that reveals how Marlon Brando shaped his legacy in art and life. When people think about Marlon Brando, they think of the movie star, the hunk, the scandals. In Brandos Smile, Susan L. Mizruchi reveals the Brando others have missed: the man who collected four thousand books the man who rewrote scripts, trimming his lines to make them sharper the man who consciously used his body and employed the objects around him to create believable characters the man who loved Emily Dickinsons poetry. To write this biography, Mizruchi gained unprecedented access to a vast number of annotated books from Brandos library, hand-edited copies of screenplays, private letters, and recorded interviews that have never before been quoted in a biography. Original interviews with some of the still-living players from Brandos life, including Ellen Adler, his one-time girlfriend and the daughter of his acting teacher Stella Adler, provide even deeper insight into the complex person whose intelligence belied the high-school dropout. Mizruchi shows how Brandos embrace of foreign cultures and social outsiders led to his brilliant performances in unusual rolesa gay man, an Asian, a German soldierto test himself and to foster empathy on a global scale. We also meet the political Brando: the civil rights activist, the close friend of James Baldwin, the actor who declined his Oscar to support Indian rights. More than seventy stunningand many rarephotographs of Marlon Brando illuminate this portrait of the man who has left an astounding cultural legacy.
Brando's Smile: His Life, Thought, and Work.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 33920
- 2017-02-09[PDF] Brando's Smile: His Life, Thought, and Work
- 2017-12-19[PDF] Gotthold Ephraim Lessing: His Life, Works, and Thought
- 2017-10-24[PDF] Adam Smith: His Life, Thought, and Legacy
- 2017-04-06[PDF] Giordano Bruno: His Life, Thought, and Martyrdom
- 2017-02-16[PDF] Giordano Bruno: His Life, Thought, and Martyrdom
- 2017-01-11[PDF] Gotthold Ephraim Lessing: His Life, Works, and Thought
- 2020-08-05Adam Smith: His Life, Thought, and Legacy
- 2019-03-13An Introduction to Antonio Gramsci: His Life, Thought and Legacy
- 2017-10-03[PDF] The Unknown Stalin: His Life, Death, and Legacy
- 2018-01-31[PDF] E.H. Norman: His Life and Scholarship
- 2018-01-30[PDF] Sean O Riada: His Life and Work
- 2018-01-28[PDF] Emperor Yang of the Sui Dynasty: His Life, Times, And Legacy (Suny Series in Chinese Philosophy Ans Culture) (SUNY Series in Chinese Philosophy and Culture (Paperback))
- 2018-01-17[PDF] The Waning of the Middle Ages: a Study of the Forms of Life, Thought, and Art in France and the Netherlands in the XIVth and XVth Centuries
- 2018-01-17[PDF] Great Masters: Mozart - His Life and Music [Audiobook]
- 2018-01-06[PDF] Peter the Great: His Life and Work
- 2017-12-30[PDF] Al Capone: His Life, Legacy, and Legend
- 2017-12-13[PDF] Weinzweig: Essays on His Life and Music
- 2017-11-12[PDF] Pythagoras: His Life, Teaching, and Influence
- 2017-10-26[PDF] Frank Lloyd Wright: His Life and His Architecture
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.