Posted on 2018-01-05, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Carol Harris | Category: History | Language: English | Page: 192 | ISBN: 0752451723 | ISBN13: 9780752451725 |
Description: Firsthand accounts of the experiences of ordinary people during the Second World War. Historian Carol Harris has collected a remarkable series of accounts from the war's darkest days, with heartwarming stories of survival, perseverance, solidarity, and bravery, the preservation of which becomes increasingly important as the Blitz fades from living memory. As World War II loomed, everyone expected it would bring a new kind of conflict to Britain. Raids by airships in World War I and the attack on Guernica in the Spanish Civil War had given a terrifying taste of what was to come, so when war was declared in September 1939, massive air raids against civilians were anticipated. London was a major target throughout the war, but it was not only the capital that suffered: on November 8, 1940, 30,000 incendiary bombs rained down on Coventry, laying waste to the city, including, famously, its cathedral. Port cities such as Plymouth, Bristol, and Liverpool also suffered especially badly. Highlighting the effects of the Blitz outside of London, this anthology of excerpts from letters, memoirs, and diaries tells the story of the bombing as a chronological narrative, until the very end of the war.
Blitz Diary: Life Under Fire in World War II.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 35030
- 2014-01-25Blitz Diary: Life Under Fire in World War II
- 2017-12-07[PDF] The Diary and Letters of a World War I Fighter Pilot
- 2011-08-07Toyota Under Fire: Lessons for Turning Crisis into Opportunity
- 2020-12-07Life Under Fire How to Build Inner Strength and Thrive Under Pressure [Audiobook]
- 2019-11-08The Strong Man A powerful story of life under fire and one man's journey back from the brink
- 2019-08-24The Strong Man A powerful story of life under fire and one man's journey back from the brink
- 2018-01-05[PDF] Handbook To Life In The Aztec World
- 2018-01-05[PDF] Handbook To Life In The Medieval World (Handbook to Life) [3 Volume Set]
- 2018-01-05[PDF] BOMBS AWAY! Volume I: Anthology of B-24 and B-17 Bombing Missions and Other Stories and Illustrations Related to the Life, Times, Personnel of World War II
- 2017-12-15[PDF] Alms Bazaar: Altruism Under Fire - Non-Profit Organizations and International Development
- 2017-12-05[PDF] In the Company of Generals: The World War I Diary of Pierpont L. Stackpole
- 2017-12-03[PDF] Fighters Under Construction in World War Two
- 2017-12-03[PDF] How We Lived Then: A History of Everyday Life During the Second World War - Removed
- 2017-11-13[PDF] AIR RAID SHELTERS OF THE SECOND WORLD WAR: Family Stories of Survival in the Blitz
- 2017-11-03[PDF] Handbook to Life in the Inca World
- 2017-10-09[PDF] American War Library - Life as a POW: World War II
- 2017-10-09[PDF] Reunion Mission (Rangers Under Fire) - Removed
- 2017-02-08[PDF] Reunion Mission (Rangers Under Fire) - Removed
- 2020-02-18Seized by the Sun: The Life and Disappearance of World War II Pilot Gertrude Tompkins (Women of Action)
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.