Posted on 2017-11-19, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Raymond W. Gastil | Publisher: Princeton Architectural Press | Category: Architecture | Language: English | Page: 208 | ISBN: 1568983271 | ISBN13: 9781568983271 |
Description: Before September 11, 2001, New York City was in the process of transforming its waterfront after decades of neglect. The tragic events of that day brought into sharper focus the issue surrounding the development of the water's edge, along with a host of more complicated issues involving monuments and icons, public space and public safety, reconstruction and renewal. Will New York's future waterfront development be ruled only by issues of economic necessity, infrastructure, and politics, or can it embrace innovative design as well? Raymond W. Gastil, director of the Van Alen Institute, an organization dedicated to improving the design of the public realm, makes a case for the importance of inspired design in the redevelopment of Manhattan's waterfront. Gastil's detailed analysis of current design proposals is set against the backdrop of the city's history, its public process, and its ecological priorities and is informed by interviews with project architects and other key players. Taking as points of reference the recent reinvigoration of London, Amsterdam, Barcelona, and Bilbao-all cities with high-profile waterfronts, where designers, landscape architects, and artists have been instrumental in creating memorable buildings, parks, and spaces-Gastil proposes an approach to the redevelopment of New York's waterfront that is as visionary as it is pragmatic.
Beyond the Edge: New York's New Waterfront.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 33603
- 2017-11-25[PDF] Beyond the Edge (Blaze Romance) (Blaze Romance)
- 2017-01-13[PDF] Beyond the Edge (Blaze Romance) (Blaze Romance)
- 2018-01-16[PDF] Beyond Islam: A New Understanding of the Middle East (Library of Modern Middle East Studies)
- 2018-01-04[PDF] Beyond the Color Line: New Perspectives on Race and Ethnicity in America
- 2017-12-31[PDF] Beyond the Limits to Growth: New Ideas for Sustainability from Japan
- 2017-12-24[PDF] Beyond the Gates of Fire: New Perspectives on the Battle of Thermopylae
- 2017-12-02[PDF] Beyond Geometry: A New Mathematics of Space and Form (The History of Mathematics)
- 2017-11-07[PDF] Beyond the Cold War: Lyndon Johnson and the New Global Challenges of the 1960s (Reinterpreting History: How Historical Assessments Change over Time)
- 2017-10-18[PDF] Really the Blues (New York Review Books Classics)
- 2017-01-11[PDF] Beyond the Cold War: Lyndon Johnson and the New Global Challenges of the 1960s (Reinterpreting History: How Historical Assessments Change over Time)
- 2020-02-21Ethics Beyond the Limits: New Essays on Bernard Williams’ Ethics and the Limits of Philosophy - Removed
- 2018-10-20Aesthetics beyond the Arts: New and Recent Essays
- 2018-01-22[PDF] PianoForAll The Ingenious New Way to Learn Piano and Keyboard Interactive Tutorial
- 2018-01-21[PDF] Spark: The Revolutionary New Science of Exercise and the Brain
- 2018-01-05[PDF] Redirect: The Surprising New Science of Psychological Change
- 2018-01-04[PDF] Jesus the Christ: New Edition
- 2017-12-23[PDF] Beating the Blues: New Approaches to Overcoming Dysthymia and Chronic Mild Depression
- 2017-12-23[PDF] Knitting Beyond the Edge: Cuffs And Collars, Necklines, Hems, Closures- The Essential Collection of Decorative Finishes
- 2017-12-22[PDF] Play the French. New Edition
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.