[PDF] Beyond Religious Borders: Interaction and Intellectual Exchange in the Medieval Islamic World (Jewish Culture and Contexts)
Posted on 2017-10-30, by luongquocchinh.
Author: David M. Freidenreich, Miriam Goldstein | Publisher: University of Pennsylvania Press | Category: Islam | Language: English | Page: 232 | ISBN: 0812243749 | ISBN13: 9780812243741 |
Description: The medieval Islamic world comprised a wide variety of religions. While individuals and communities in this world identified themselves with particular faiths, boundaries between these groups were vague and in some cases nonexistent. Rather than simply borrowing or lending customs, goods, and notions to one another, the peoples of the Mediterranean region interacted within a common culture. Beyond Religious Borders presents sophisticated and often revolutionary studies of the ways Jewish, Christian, and Muslim thinkers drew ideas and inspiration from outside the bounds of their own religious communities. Each essay in this collection covers a key aspect of interreligious relationships in Mediterranean lands during the first six centuries of Islam. These studies focus on the cultural context of exchange, the impact of exchange, and the factors motivating exchange between adherents of different religions. Essays address the influence of the shared Arabic language on the transfer of knowledge, reconsider the restrictions imposed by Muslim rulers on Christian and Jewish subjects, and demonstrate the need to consider both Jewish and Muslim works in the study of Andalusian philosophy. Case studies on the impact of exchange examine specific literary, religious, and philosophical concepts that crossed religious borders. In each case, elements native to one religious group and originally foreign to another became fully at home in both. The volume concludes by considering why certain ideas crossed religious lines while others did not, and how specific figures involved in such processes understood their own roles in the transfer of ideas.
Beyond Religious Borders: Interaction and Intellectual Exchange in the Medieval Islamic World (Jewish Culture and Contexts).pdf
- Ebooks list page : 32956
- 2017-12-04[PDF] The Armenians in the Medieval Islamic World: Medieval Cosmopolitanism and Images of IslamThirteenth to Fourteenth Centuries (Medieval Cosmopolitanism ... of Isam Thirteenth to Fourteenth Centuries)
- 2021-04-08Scent from the Garden of Paradise. Musk and the Medieval Islamic World
- 2021-03-25Scent from the Garden of Paradise. Musk and the Medieval Islamic World
- 2020-02-03Cross Veneration in the Medieval Islamic World: Christian Identity and Practice under Muslim Rule (Early and Medieval Islamic World)
- 2019-05-31Cross Veneration in the Medieval Islamic World: Christian Identity and Practice under Muslim Rule
- 2017-12-15[PDF] Information Beyond Borders: International Cultural and Intellectual Exchange in the Belle Epoque
- 2018-01-16[PDF] Beyond Catholicism: Heresy, Mysticism, and Apocalypse in Italian Culture (Palgrave Studies in Cultural and Intellectual History) [Italian] - Removed
- 2019-01-24Technology, Research and Professional Learning Constructing Intellectual Exchange in the Rise of - Removed
- 2019-01-10Technology, Research and Professional Learning Constructing Intellectual Exchange in the Rise of
- 2018-12-26Technology, Research and Professional Learning Constructing Intellectual Exchange in the Rise of ...
- 2018-01-29[PDF] Beyond Displacement: Campesinos, Refugees, and Collective Action in the Salvadoran Civil War (Critical Human Rights)
- 2018-01-28[PDF] Understanding Language Structure, Interaction, and Variation, Second Edition: An Introduction to Applied Linguistics and Sociolinguistics for Nonspecialists (Michigan Teacher Training)
- 2018-01-25[PDF] Advances in Wave Interaction and Turbulence: Proceedings of an Ams-Ims-Siam Joint Summer Research Conference on Dispersive Wave Turbulence, Mount ... MA, June 11-15, 20 (Contemporary Mathematics)
- 2018-01-01[PDF] Semiconductor Packaging: Materials Interaction and Reliability
- 2017-12-29[PDF] Beyond Positive Thinking: Success and Motivation in the Scriptures
- 2017-12-28[PDF] Beyond Backpacker Tourism: Mobilities and Experiences
- 2017-12-28[PDF] Beyond Grammar: Language, Power, and the Classroom
- 2017-12-24[PDF] Beyond Basic Knitting: Techniques and Projects to Expand Your Skills (How To Basics)
- 2017-12-19[PDF] Multimodal Human Computer Interaction and Pervasive Services (Premier Reference Source)
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.