Posted on 2017-12-19, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Mark L. Winston | Category: Biology | Language: English | Page: 296 | ISBN: 0674368398 | ISBN13: 9780674368392 |
Description: Being among bees is a full-body experience, Mark Winston writes from the low hum of tens of thousands of insects and the pungent smell of honey and beeswax, to the sight of workers flying back and forth between flowers and the hive. The experience of an apiary slows our sense of time, heightens our awareness, and inspires awe. Bee Time" presents Winston s reflections on three decades spent studying these creatures, and on the lessons they can teach about how humans might better interact with one another and the natural world. Like us, honeybees represent a pinnacle of animal sociality. How they submerge individual needs into the colony collective provides a lens through which to ponder human societies. Winston explains how bees process information, structure work, and communicate, and examines how corporate boardrooms are using bee societies as a model to improve collaboration. He investigates how bees have altered our understanding of agricultural ecosystems and how urban planners are looking to bees in designing more nature-friendly cities. The relationship between bees and people has not always been benign. Bee populations are diminishing due to human impact, and we cannot afford to ignore what the demise of bees tells us about our own tenuous affiliation with nature. Toxic interactions between pesticides and bee diseases have been particularly harmful, foreshadowing similar effects of pesticides on human health. There is much to learn from bees in how they respond to these challenges. In sustaining their societies, bees teach us ways to sustain our own."
Bee Time: Lessons from the Hive.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 34526
- 2020-07-14Bee Time: Lessons from the Hive
- 2017-11-21[PDF] Nuclear Zero?: Lessons from the Last Time We Were There - Removed
- 2018-01-26[PDF] Brand Fans: Lessons from the World's Greatest Sporting Brands - Removed
- 2017-12-16[PDF] Rommel: Leadership Lessons from the Desert Fox - Removed
- 2017-12-14[PDF] Design Star: Lessons from the New York School of Flower Design
- 2017-11-23[PDF] Secret Tactics: Lessons from the Great Masters of Martial Arts
- 2017-11-23[PDF] 200 Love Lessons from the Movies: Staying Moonstruck for Life
- 2017-10-28[PDF] Flower Power: Lessons from the Los Angeles School of Flower Design
- 2017-10-19[PDF] Inviting Disaster: Lessons From the Edge of Technology
- 2017-10-10[PDF] Sexier Sex: Lessons from the Brave New Sexual Frontier
- 2017-04-13[PDF] Dirty Inspirations: Lessons from the Trenches of Extreme Endurance Sports
- 2017-04-07[PDF] Economic Puppetmasters: Lessons From the Halls of Power
- 2017-01-12[PDF] Rommel: Leadership Lessons from the Desert Fox
- 2014-03-27Lessons from the Hive: The Buzz on Surviving and Thriving in an Ever-Changing Workplace (repost)
- 2012-04-16Lessons from the Hive: The Buzz on Surviving and Thriving in an Ever-Changing Workplace
- 2012-04-16Lessons from the Hive: The Buzz on Surviving and Thriving in an Ever-Changing Workplace (Repost)
- 2018-01-19[PDF] A Stitch in Time: Lean Retailing and the Transformation of Manufacturing Lessons from the Apparel and Textile Industries
- 2017-10-05[PDF] Health from the Hive: Honey...Bee Pollen...Bee Propolis...Royal Jelly
- 2020-07-28Nuclear Zero?: Lessons from the Last Time We Were There
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.