Posted on 2017-12-27, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Gary L. Francione | Publisher: Temple Univ Pr | Category: Biology | Language: English | Page: 368 | ISBN: 1566392837 | ISBN13: 9781566392839 |
Description: 'Pain is pain, irrespective of the race, sex, or species of the victim' states William Kunstler in his foreword. This moral concern for the suffering of animals and their legal status is the basis for Gary L. Francione's profound book, which asks, Why has the law failed to protect animals from exploitation? Francione argues that the current legal standard of animal welfare does not and cannot establish fights for animals. As long as they are viewed as property, animals will be subject to suffering for the social and economic benefit of human beings. Exploring every facet of this heated issue, Francione discusses the history of the treatment of animals, anticruelty statutes, vivisection, the Federal Animal Welfare Act, and specific cases such as the controversial injury of anaesthetized baboons at the University of Pennsylvania. He thoroughly documents the paradoxical gap between our professed concern with humane treatment of animals and the overriding practice of abuse permitted by U.S. law. Author note: Gary L. Francione is Professor of Law and Nicholas de B. Katzenbach Scholar of Law at Rutgers University Law School, Newark. He is also Co-director of the Rutgers Animal Rights Law Center.
Animals, Property, and the Law (Ethics and Action).pdf
- Ebooks list page : 34779
- 2017-11-28[PDF] Bioequity - Property and the Human Body (Medical Law and Ethics)
- 2018-01-11[PDF] Privacy, Property, and Free Speech: Law and the Constitution in the 21st Century
- 2017-12-20[PDF] Intellectual Property and the Limits of Antitrust: A Comparative Study of US and EU Approaches (New Horizons in Competition Law and Economics)
- 2016-10-26Animals, Property, and the Law
- 2012-01-07The Law in the Information and Risk Society: Gottinger Juristische Schriften, Band 10 - The Law, Risk Society, Gottinger Juristische Schriften
- 2012-01-01The Law in the Information and Risk Society: Gottinger Juristische Schriften, Band 10 - The Law, Risk Society, Gottinger Juristische Schriften
- 2011-11-20The Law in the Information and Risk Society: Gottinger Juristische Schriften, Band 10
- 2018-01-29[PDF] Rethinking Corporate Governance: The Law and Economics of Control Powers (Routledge Research in Corporate Law)
- 2018-01-03[PDF] Non-Lethal Weapons: The Law and Policy of Revolutionary Technologies for the Military and Law Enforcement
- 2017-12-13[PDF] Animals, Work, and the Promise of Interspecies Solidarity - Removed
- 2018-01-24[PDF] Prisoners, Property and Prostitutes
- 2018-01-14[PDF] Intellectual Property and Financing Strategies for Technology Startups - Removed
- 2017-12-07[PDF] Intellectual Property and Innovation Management in Small Firms (Routledge Studies in Small Business)
- 2017-12-07[PDF] Intellectual Property and Development: Theory and Practice
- 2017-11-24[PDF] Mind, Language and Action (Publications of the Austrian Ludwig Wittgenstein Society - New Series (N.S.))
- 2017-10-12[PDF] Intellectual Property and Human Development: Current Trends and Future Scenarios
- 2017-04-14[PDF] Intellectual Property and Theories of Justice - Removed
- 2017-02-13[PDF] Intellectual Property and Innovation Management in Small Firms (Routledge Studies in Small Business)
- 2017-01-12[PDF] Intellectual Property and Theories of Justice
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.