Posted on 2017-12-21, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Iok-Hou Pang, Abbot F. Clark | Publisher: Humana Press | Category: Biology | Language: English | Page: 223 | ISBN: 1607615401 | ISBN13: 9781607615408 |
Description: Retinal diseases are leading causes of irreversible visual impairment and blindness, affecting over 100 million individuals worldwide. Age-related macular degeneration and glaucoma are the leading causes of blindness in the elderly, while diabetic retinopathy is the leading cause of visual impairment in middle-aged individuals. The prevalence of all three of these retinal diseases will continue to increase as our worlds populations continue to age and diabetes becomes endemic. There are a wide variety of additional important retinal diseases, including various acquired retinal degenerations (e.g., retinitis pigmentosa), maculopathies, retinal vascular disorders (e.g., ischemic retinopathies such as central retinal vein occlusion, sickle cell retinopathy, retinopathy of prematurity), and inflammatory retinopathy, each of which has devastating consequences on our most important sense perception. Appropriate study models, especially animal models, are essential to the understanding of the etiology, pathology, and progression of these diseases. They are also critical to the evaluation, development, and improvement of therapeutic strategies for these diseases. The overall objective of this book is to provide a survey of valuable techniques as well as animal models for the prominent retinal diseases. The book starts with an overview of the morphology of the retina, visual behavior, and genetics and genomics approaches for retinal research, followed by animal models for the research of specific human retinal diseases, e.g., retinal degeneration, age-related macular degeneration, retinopathy of prematurity, diabetic retinopathy, glaucoma, retinal ischemia, and retinal inflammation. Each chapter was written by recognized experts in their respective fields. We hope that this book is valuable to ocular investigators and ophthalmologists currently working in the area of retinal diseases and ophthalmology. Its detailed and practical descriptions of the models should also appeal to those interested in entering this fascinating and important field of research.
Animal Models for Retinal Diseases (Neuromethods).pdf
- Ebooks list page : 34579
- 2013-02-15Animal Models for Retinal Diseases, Volume 46 (Neuromethods) (repost)
- 2012-01-30Animal Models for Assessing Countermeasures to Bioterrorism Agents - Committee On Animal Models For Assessing Countermeasures To Bioterrorism Agents
- 2012-01-03Animal Models for Assessing Countermeasures to Bioterrorism Agents - Committee On Animal Models For Assessing Countermeasures To Bioterrorism Agents
- 2010-01-29Animal Models for Retinal Diseases, Volume 46 (Neuromethods)
- 2010-01-02Animal Models for Retinal Diseases, Volume 46 (Neuromethods)
- 2018-01-14[PDF] Animal Models for Human Cancer, Volume 69: Discovery and Development of Novel Therapeutics (Methods and Principles in Medicinal Chemistry)
- 2017-12-29[PDF] Mathematical Models for Communicable Diseases
- 2017-12-23[PDF] Animal Models for Stem Cell Therapy
- 2017-11-12[PDF] Animal Models of Drug Addiction (Neuromethods)
- 2017-11-11[PDF] Animal Models in Psychiatry, I (Neuromethods) (v. 1)
- 2017-11-10[PDF] Animal Models of Neurodevelopmental Disorders (Neuromethods)
- 2017-10-19[PDF] Animal Models of Brain Tumors (Neuromethods)
- 2017-10-04[PDF] Animal Models of Eating Disorders (Neuromethods)
- 2017-12-07[PDF] Animal Models of Neurological Disease, I: Neurodegenerative Diseases (Neuromethods) (v. 1)
- 2018-01-20[PDF] Mathematical Models for Neglected Tropical Diseases: Essential Tools for Control and Elimination, Part A, Volume 87 (Advances in Parasitology)
- 2017-12-28[PDF] Animal Origami for the Enthusiast: Step-by-Step Instructions in Over 900 Diagrams/25 Original Models (Dover Origami Papercraft)
- 2017-12-25[PDF] Animal Models of Dementia (Neuromethods)
- 2017-12-16[PDF] Neuroprotection and Neuroregeneration for Retinal Diseases - Removed
- 2017-12-12[PDF] Animal Models of Spinal Cord Repair (Neuromethods)
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.