Posted on 2017-12-26, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Eduardo Casas-Alvero | Category: Mathematics | Language: English | Page: 636 | ISBN: 3037191384 | ISBN13: 9783037191385 |
Description: Projective geometry is concerned with the properties of figures that are invariant by projecting and taking sections. It is considered one of the most beautiful parts of geometry and plays a central role because its specializations cover the whole of the affine, Euclidean and non-Euclidean geometries. The natural extension of projective geometry is projective algebraic geometry, a rich and active field of research. Regarding its applications, results and techniques of projective geometry are today intensively used in computer vision. This book contains a comprehensive presentation of projective geometry, over the real and complex number fields, and its applications to affine and Euclidean geometries. It covers central topics such as linear varieties, cross ratio, duality, projective transformations, quadrics and their classifications â€“ projective, affine and metric â€“, as well as the more advanced and less usual spaces of quadrics, rational normal curves, line complexes and the classifications of collineations, pencils of quadrics and correlations. Two appendices are devoted to the projective foundations of perspective and to the projective models of plane non-Euclidean geometries. The presentation uses modern language, is based on linear algebra and provides complete proofs. Exercises are proposed at the end of each chapter many of them are beautiful classical results. The material in this book is suitable for courses on projective geometry for undergraduate students, with a working knowledge of a standard first course on linear algebra. The text is a valuable guide to graduate students and researchers working in areas using or related to projective geometry, such as algebraic geometry and computer vision, and to anyone wishing to gain an advanced view on geometry as a whole.
Analytic Projective Geometry (Ems Textbooks in Mathematics).pdf
- Ebooks list page : 34736
- 2020-07-29Analytic Projective Geometry (EMS Textbooks in Mathematics)
- 2017-12-02[PDF] Large Scale Geometry (EMS Textbooks in Mathematics)
- 2017-11-02[PDF] Spectral Theory in Riemannian Geometry (EMS Textbooks in Mathematics)
- 2017-12-11[PDF] Denumerable Markov Chains (Ems Textbooks in Mathematics)
- 2010-12-25Lectures on Curves, Surfaces and Projective Varieties (Ems Textbooks in Mathematics)
- 2018-01-07[PDF] Complex Analysis (EMS Textbooks in Mathematics)
- 2018-01-07[PDF] Elements of Asymptotic Geometry (EMS Monographs in Mathematics)
- 2018-01-03[PDF] Lectures in Projective Geometry (Dover Books on Mathematics)
- 2018-01-02[PDF] Basic Noncommutative Geometry (Ems Series of Lectures in Mathematics)
- 2017-12-21[PDF] Diffusion Processes and Stochastic Calculus (Ems Textbooks in Mathematics)
- 2017-12-16[PDF] Lectures on Dynamical Systems: Hamiltonian Vector Fields and Symplectic Capacities (Ems Textbooks in Mathematics)
- 2017-12-07[PDF] Distributions, Sobolev Spaces, Elliptic Equations (EMS Textbooks in Mathematics)
- 2017-11-29[PDF] Differential-Algebraic Equations: Analysis and Numerical Solution (EMS Textbooks in Mathematics)
- 2017-11-22[PDF] Frobenius Algebras I: Basic Representation Theory (EMS Textbooks in Mathematics)
- 2017-11-20[PDF] Local and Analytic Cyclic Homology (EMS Tracts in Mathematics)
- 2017-10-19[PDF] Projective Geometry (Dover Books on Mathematics)
- 2017-10-18[PDF] The Role of Nonassociative Algebra in Projective Geometry (Graduate Studies in Mathematics)
- 2017-10-10[PDF] A Course in Error-Correcting Codes (EMS Textbooks in Mathematics)
- 2017-10-09[PDF] An Invitation to Quantum Groups and Duality (Ems Textbooks in Mathematics)
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.