Posted on 2018-01-25, by luongquocchinh.
Author: David F Noble | Publisher: Knopf | Category: Economy | Language: English | Page: 384 | ISBN: 0394499832 | ISBN13: 9780394499833 |
Description: Hailed a significant contribution by The New York Times, David Nobles book America by Design describes the factors that have shaped the history of scientific technology in the United States. Since the beginning, technology and industry have been undeniably intertwined, and Noble demonstrates how corporate capitalism has not only become the driving force behind the development of technology in this country but also how scientific researchparticularly within universitieshas been dominated by the corporations who fund it, who go so far as to influence the education of the engineers that will one day create the technology to be used for capitalist gain. Noble reveals that technology, often thought to be an independent science, has always been a means to an end for the men pulling the strings of Corporate Americaand it was these men that laid down the plans for the design of the modern nation today.
America by Design: Science, Technology, and the Rise of Corporate Capitalism.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 35656
- 2011-07-16Science and Technology and the Future Development of Societies: International Workshop Proceedings
- 2017-11-13[PDF] Competing with the Soviets: Science, Technology, and the State in Cold War America
- 2018-01-25[PDF] Galileo's Pendulum: Science, Sexuality, and the Body-Instrument Link (Suny Series in Science, Technology, and Society)
- 2018-01-11[PDF] A Companion to Science, Technology, and Medicine in Ancient Greece and Rome, 2 Volume Set (Blackwell Companions to the Ancient World)
- 2017-12-31[PDF] Overpotential: Fuel Cells, Futurism, and the Making of a Power Panacea (Studies in Modern Science, Technology, and the Environment)
- 2017-10-19[PDF] The Malthusian Moment: Global Population Growth and the Birth of American Environmentalism (Studies in Modern Science, Technology, and the Environment)
- 2011-11-05Preparing for the Revolution: Information Technology and the Future of the Research University
- 2021-12-11Art as Capital The Intersection of Science, Technology, and the Arts
- 2021-10-19Here Be Dragons Science, Technology And The Future Of Humanity
- 2021-04-06Wonder Women of Science: How 12 Geniuses Are Rocking Science, Technology, and the World
- 2020-11-23Into the Deep: Science, Technology, and the Quest to Protect the Ocean
- 2020-04-03World's Fairs in the Cold War: Science, Technology, and the Culture of Progress
- 2018-11-07Frontiers of Illusion Science, Technology, and the Politics of Progress
- 2018-01-13[PDF] Utah Oil Shale: Science, Technology, and Policy Perspectives
- 2017-12-30[PDF] We Modern People: Science Fiction and the Making of Russian Modernity (Early Classics of Science Fiction)
- 2017-12-30[PDF] Nuclear Energy Encyclopedia: Science, Technology, and Applications
- 2017-12-25[PDF] Hitler's Scientists: Science, War, and the Devil's Pact
- 2017-12-23[PDF] Enchanted Objects: Design, Human Desire, and the Internet of Things
- 2017-12-17[PDF] Virtual Reality (Computer Science, Technology and Applications)
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.