Posted on 2017-11-25, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Richard P. Abels | Category: History | Language: English | Page: 1 | ISBN: 0582040477 |
Description: This biography of Alfred the Great, king of the West Saxons (871-899), combines a sensitive reading of the primary sources with a careful evaluation of the most recent scholarly research on the history and archaeology of ninth-century England. Alfred emerges from the pages of this biography as a great warlord, an effective and inventive ruler, and a passionate scholar whose piety and intellectual curiosity led him to sponsor a cultural and spiritual renaissance. Alfred's victories on the battlefield and his sweeping administrative innovations not only preserved his native Wessex from viking conquest, but began the process of political consolidation that would culminate in the creation of the kingdom of England. Alfred the Great: War, Kingship and Culture in Anglo-Saxon England strips away the varnish of later interpretations to recover the historical Alfredpragmatic, generous, brutal, pious, scholarly within the context of his own age.
Alfred the Great: War, Kingship and Culture in Anglo-Saxon England.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 33777
- 2013-12-12Alfred the Great: War, Kingship and Culture in Anglo-Saxon England: War, Culture and Kingship in Anglo-Saxon England
- 2018-10-13Writing, Kingship and Power in Anglo-Saxon England
- 2018-01-26[PDF] 100 years of European Philosophy Since the Great War: Crisis and Reconfigurations (Philosophical Studies in Contemporary Culture)
- 2011-10-11College of Chinese Language and Culture, ' (Mandarin Chinese Language), Book 1
- 2019-07-08%(Recommended) - Why You Should Read The Deluge: The Great War, America and the Remaking of the Global Order, 1916-1931 by Adam Tooze Online or Download [MOBI EPUB PDF]
- 2018-01-25[PDF] Durham City in the Great War (Towns and Cities)
- 2018-01-18[PDF] French Cinema and the Great War: Remembrance and Representation (Film and History) [French]
- 2018-01-17[PDF] Chatham in the Great War (Towns and Cities)
- 2017-12-31[PDF] Writing the Great War: Sir James Edmonds and the Official Histories, 1915-1948 (Military History and Policy)
- 2017-12-16[PDF] The Deluge: The Great War, America and the Remaking of the Global Order, 1916-1931
- 2017-12-07[PDF] The Wars before the Great War: Conflict and International Politics before the Outbreak of the First World War
- 2017-12-01[PDF] No Better Death: The Great War Diaries and Letters of William G. Malone
- 2017-11-20[PDF] Irish regiments in the Great War: Discipline and Morale
- 2017-11-12[PDF] Fighting the Great War at Sea: Strategy, Tactics and Technology
- 2012-05-19British Aircraft before the Great War (Schiffer Military History)
- 2012-05-19French Aeroplanes Before the Great War (Schiffer Military History)
- 2020-12-18Museums, History and the Intimate Experience of the Great War Love and Sorrow
- 2019-12-12The Great War: Aftermath and Commemoration
- 2019-11-19The Great War: Aftermath and Commemoration
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.