Posted on 2017-12-19, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Lisa Yount | Publisher: Chelsea House Publications | Category: Non-fiction | Language: English | Page: 160 | ISBN: 0816061742 | ISBN13: 9780816061747 |
Description: When German meteorologist Alfred Wegener first proposed his groundbreaking theory of continental displacement, later called continental drift, in 1912, his geologist peers rejected his theory because the field of geology at the turn of the century was based in 18th- and 19th-century observations about the nature of the earth and the planet's development. Wegener's theory of continental drift proposed that the enormous landmasses slowly moved on the earth's surface over millions of years. His idea explained countless observations made about the earth, from how the continents formed, to what causes earthquakes, to how the earth's surface continues to change. An itinerant explorer, Wegener traveled around the world, and he died while on a polar mission in Greenland. It wasn't until decades after his death that the continental drift theory proved fruitful to other scientists in the 20th century. In "Alfred Wegener", learn how this daring adventurer pieced together a theory that later revolutionized the Earth sciences.
Alfred Wegener: Creator of the Continental Drift Theory (Makers of Modern Science).pdf
- Ebooks list page : 34540
- 2009-07-27Alfred Wegener: Creator of the Continental Drift Theory (Makers of Modern Science)
- 2021-01-15Alfred Wegener Creator of the Continental Drift Theory
- 2011-09-14Alfred Wegener - Creator of the continental drift Theory
- 2010-02-04Alfred Wegener: Creator of the continental drift Theory
- 2017-12-26[PDF] The Continental Drift Controversy: Paleomagnetism and Confirmation of Drift (Volume 2)
- 2013-05-05The Continental Drift Controversy: Wegener and the Early Debate (Volume 1)
- 2017-12-10[PDF] Commodore Abraham Whipple of the Continental Navy: Privateer, Patriot, Pioneer (New Perspectives on Maritime History and Nautical Archaeology)
- 2013-06-04The Continental Drift Controversy: Paleomagnetism and Confirmation of Drift (Volume 2)
- 2013-04-23The Continental Drift Controversy, Volume 4: Evolution into Plate Tectonics
- 2013-04-23The Continental Drift Controversy, Volume 3: Introduction of Seafloor Spreading
- 2018-01-28[PDF] The Return of Theory in Early Modern English Studies: Tarrying with the Subjunctive
- 2018-01-27[PDF] How Mumbo-Jumbo Conquered the World: A Short History of Modern Delusions
- 2018-01-19[PDF] Architecture;: An introduction to the history and theory of the art of building.
- 2018-01-07[PDF] Adapting Proofs-as-Programs: The Curry Howard Protocol (Monographs in Computer Science) - Removed
- 2017-11-28[PDF] Programming and Metaprogramming in the Human Biocomputer: Theory and Experiments
- 2017-11-22[PDF] Abd Al-Rahman III: The First Cordoban Caliph (Makers of the Muslim World)
- 2017-11-11[PDF] Chemistry Connections, Second Edition: The Chemical Basis of Everyday Phenomena (Complementary Science)
- 2017-11-09[PDF] Terrorism, Identity and Legitimacy: The Four Waves theory and political violence
- 2017-11-02[PDF] Temperament: Individual Differences at the Interface of Biolgoy and Behavior (APA Science)
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.