[PDF] Activism, Inc.: How the Outsourcing of Grassroots Campaigns Is Strangling Progressive Politics in America
Posted on 2018-01-18, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Dana Fisher | Publisher: Stanford University Press | Category: Sociology | Language: English | Page: 168 | ISBN: 0804752176 | ISBN13: 9780804752176 |
Description: Activism, Inc. introduces America to an increasingly familiar political actor: the canvasser. Sheâ€™s the twenty-something with the clipboard, stopping you on the street or knocking on your door, the foot soldier of political campaigns.Granted unprecedented access to the â€œPeopleâ€™s Project,â€ an unknown yet influential organization driving left-leaning grassroots politics, Dana Fisher tells the true story of outsourcing politics in America. Like the major corporations that outsourced their customer service to companies abroad, the grassroots campaigns of national progressive movementsâ€”including Greenpeace, the Sierra Club, Save the Children, and the Human Rights Campaignâ€”have been outsourced at different times to this single organization. During the 2004 presidential campaign, the Democratic Party followed a similar outsourcing model for their canvassing.Fisher examines the history and rationale behind political outsourcing on the Left, weaving together frank interviews with canvassers, high-ranking political officials across the political spectrum, and Peopleâ€™s Project management. She compares all of this to the grassroots efforts on the Right, which remain firmly grounded in communities and local politics.This book offers a chilling review of the consequences of political outsourcing. Connecting local people on the streets throughout America to the national organizations and political campaigns that make up progressive politics, it shows what happens to the passionate young activists outsourced to the clients of Activism, Inc.
Activism, Inc.: How the Outsourcing of Grassroots Campaigns Is Strangling Progressive Politics in America.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 35428
- 2017-11-09[PDF] Life Inc.: How the World Became a Corporation and How to Take It Back - Removed
- 2017-10-04[PDF] China, Inc.: How the Rise of the Next Superpower Challenges America and the World
- 2017-10-03[PDF] Life Inc.: How the World Became a Corporation and How to Take It Back [Hardcover]
- 2017-10-07[PDF] American Amnesia: How the War on Government Led Us to Forget What Made America Prosper
- 2018-01-10[PDF] Life Inc: How Corporatism Conquered the World, and How We Can Take It Back
- 2018-01-08[PDF] Compassion, Inc.: How Corporate America Blurs the Line between What We Buy, Who We Are, and Those We Help
- 2017-11-13[PDF] Peers Inc: How People and Platforms Are Inventing the Collaborative Economy and Reinventing Capitalism
- 2018-09-24Outrage, Inc. How the Liberal Mob Ruined Science, Journalism, and Hollywood [Audiobook]
- 2018-09-22Outrage, Inc. How the Liberal Mob Ruined Science, Journalism, and Hollywood
- 2018-08-10Outrage, Inc. How the Liberal Mob Ruined Science, Journalism, and Hollywood [Audiobook]
- 2018-07-28Outrage, Inc. How the Liberal Mob Ruined Science, Journalism, and Hollywood
- 2018-01-25[PDF] Dixie Betrayed: How the South Really Lost the Civil War
- 2018-01-25[PDF] Japan Restored: How Japan Can Reinvent Itself and Why This Is Important for America and the World
- 2018-01-25[PDF] Upside Down: How the Left Turned Right into Wrong, Truth into Lies, and Good into Bad
- 2018-01-25[PDF] State Capitalism: How the Return of Statism is Transforming the World
- 2018-01-23[PDF] Thinking Big: How the Evolution of Social Life Shaped the Human Mind
- 2018-01-23[PDF] Missing Microbes: How the Overuse of Antibiotics Is Fueling Our Modern Plagues [Audiobook]
- 2018-01-21[PDF] Content Inc.: How Entrepreneurs Use Content to Build Massive Audiences and Create Radically Successful Businesses
- 2018-01-17[PDF] Life Unfolding: How the Human Body Creates Itself [Audiobook]
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.