[PDF] A Feminist in the White House: Midge Costanza, the Carter Years, and America's Culture Wars
Posted on 2018-01-24, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Doreen Mattingly | Publisher: Oxford University Press | Category: History | Language: English | Page: 328 | ISBN: 0190468602 | ISBN13: 9780190468606 |
Description: A feminist, an outspoken activist, a woman without a college education, Midge Costanza was one of the unlikeliest of White House insiders. Yet in 1977 she became the first female Assistant to the President for Public Liaison under Jimmy Carter, emerging as a prominent focal point of the American culture wars. Tasked with bringing the views of special interest groups to the president, Costanza championed progressive causes even as Americans grew increasingly divided on the very issues for which she fought. In A Feminist in the White House, Doreen Mattingly draws on Costanza's personal papers to shed light on the life of this fascinating and controversial woman. Mattingly chronicles Costanza's dramatic rise and fall as a public figure, from her initial popularity to her ultimate clashes with Carter and his aides. While Costanza challenged Carter to support abortion rights, gay and lesbian rights, and feminist policies, Carter faced increased pressure to appease the interests of emerging Religious Right, which directly opposed Costanza's ideals. Ultimately, marginalized both within the White House and by her fellow feminists, Costanza was pressured to resign in 1978. Through the lens of Constanza's story, readers catch a unique perspective of the rise of debates which have defined the feminist movement and sexual politics to this very day. Mattingly also reveals a wider, but heretofore neglected, narrative of the complex era of gender politics in the late 1970's Washington - a history which continues to resonate in politics today. A Feminist in the White House is a must-read for anyone with an interest in sexual politics, female politicians, and presidential history.
A Feminist in the White House: Midge Costanza, the Carter Years, and America's Culture Wars.pdf
Sponsored High Speed Downloads
8176 dl's @ 3956 KB/sDownload Now [Full Version]
9687 dl's @ 2384 KB/sDownload Link 1 - Fast Download
8755 dl's @ 2875 KB/sDownload Mirror - Direct Download
Search More...[PDF] A Feminist in the White House: Midge Costanza, the Carter Years, and America's Culture Wars
Download this book
No active download links here?Please check the description for download links if any or do a search to find alternative books.
- Ebooks list page : 35628
- 2017-09-18The Street Politics of Abortion Speech, Violence, and America's Culture Wars
- 2020-07-10UFOs and The White House What Did Our Presidents Know and When Did They Know It
- 2017-10-19[PDF] Crisis of Character: A White House Secret Service Officer Discloses His Firsthand Experience with Hillary, Bill, and How They Operate
- 2019-07-08 #(First-rate) - Why You Should Read Directorate S: The C.I.A. and America's Secret Wars in Afghanistan and Pakistan by Steve Coll Online or Download [EPUB, PDF, MOBI] - Removed
- 2018-02-02[PDF] HEINKEL He 111: The Early Years - Fall of France, Battle of Britain and the Blitz (Air War Archive)
- 2018-02-02[PDF] A Companion to the Gilded Age and Progressive Era (Wiley Blackwell Companions to American History)
- 2018-02-01[PDF] Armies of Heaven: The First Crusade and the Quest for Apocalypse
- 2018-02-01[PDF] Book of Secrets, The: Esoteric Societies and Holy Orders, Luminaries and Seers, Symbols and Rituals, and the Key Concepts of Occult Sciences Through the Ages and Around the World
- 2018-01-31[PDF] Eyes Before Ease: The Unsolved Mysteries and Secret Histories of Spelling
- 2018-01-31[PDF] Re-evaluating Creativity: The Individual, Society and Education - Removed
- 2018-01-31[PDF] Unlikely Partners?: China, the European Union and the Forging of a Strategic Partnership - Removed
- 2018-01-30[PDF] Masters of Death: The SS-Einsatzgruppen and the Invention of the Holocaust [Audiobook]
- 2018-01-30[PDF] How to Democratize the European Union...and Why Bother?
- 2018-01-30[PDF] African Diaspora in the Cultures of Latin America, the Caribbean, and the United States
- 2018-01-29[PDF] Quality of Life: The Assessment, Analysis and Reporting of Patient-reported Outcomes
- 2018-01-29[PDF] College Mathematics for the Managerial, Life, and Social Sciences (with CengageNOW Printed Access Card) (Available 2010 Titles Enhanced Web Assign)
- 2018-01-29[PDF] Standard Guidelines for the Design, Installation, and Operation and Maintenance of Urban Subsurface Drainage: ANSI/ASCE/EWRI 12-13, 13-13, 14-13 (Asce Standard) - Removed
- 2018-01-29[PDF] Kentucky by Design: The Decorative Arts and American Culture
- 2018-01-28[PDF] Parenting Made Easy: The early years
No comments for "[PDF] A Feminist in the White House: Midge Costanza, the Carter Years, and America's Culture Wars".
Add Your Comments
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.