Posted on 2020-12-27, by Germany2020.
Hans Ingvar Roth, "P. C. Chang and the Universal Declaration of Human Rights "
English | ISBN: 0812250567 | 2018 | 320 pages | PDF | 15 MB
The Universal Declaration of Human Rights is one of the world's best-known and most translated documents. When it was presented to the United Nations General Assembly in December in 1948, Eleanor Roosevelt, chair of the writing group, called it a new "Magna Carta for all mankind." The passage of time has shown Roosevelt to have been largely correct in her prediction as to the declaration's importance. No other document in the world today can claim a comparable standing in the international community.
Roosevelt and French legal expert René Cassin have often been represented as the principal authors of the declaration. But in fact, it resulted from a collaborative effort involving a number of individuals in different capacities. One of the declaration's most important authors was the vice chairman of the Human Rights Commission, Peng Chun Chang (1892-1957), a Chinese diplomat and philosopher whose contribution has been the focus of growing attention in recent years. Indeed, it is Chang who deserves the credit for the universality and religious ecumenism that are now regarded as the declaration's defining features. Despite this, Chang's extraordinary contribution has been overlooked by historians.
Peng Chun Chang was a modern-day Renaissance man-teacher, scholar, university chancellor, playwright, diplomat, and politician. A true cosmopolitan, he was deeply involved in the cultural exchange between East and West, and the dramatic events of his life left a profound mark on his intellectual and political work. P. C. Chang and the Universal Declaration of Human Rights is the first biography of this extraordinary actor on the world stage, who belonged to the same generation as Mao Zedong and Chiang Kai-shek. Drawing on previously unknown sources, it casts new light on Chang's multifaceted life and involvement with one of modern history's most important documents.
Visit My Profile News Here : https://www.ebookee.com/user/Germany2020
- Ebooks list page : 45907
- 2020-05-18The Development in International Law of Articles 23 and 24 of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights: The Labor Rights Articles
- 2017-11-12[PDF] The Development in International Law of Articles 23 and 24 of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights: The Labor Rights Articles
- 2012-05-10The Universal Declaration of Human Rights: Origins, Drafting, and Intent
- 2017-11-03The Universal Declaration of Human Rights in the 21st Century: A Living Document in a Changing World
- 2013-02-23The Universal Declaration of Human Rights (Milestones in Modern World History) (repost)
- 2011-09-16Calling Out Liberty: The Stono Slave Rebellion and the Universal Struggle for Human Rights - Removed
- 2011-07-12Calling Out Liberty: The Stono Slave Rebellion and the Universal Struggle for Human Rights - Removed
- 2010-05-27Michel Streich - The Universal Declaration of Human Rights
- 2010-05-01The Universal Declaration of Human Rights
- 2010-04-30The Universal Declaration of Human Rights (Milestones in Modern World History)
- 2020-12-29Power, Suffering, and the Struggle for Dignity Human Rights Frameworks for Health and Why They Matte...
- 2020-04-23Going to Strasbourg: An Oral History of Sexual Orientation Discrimination and the European Convention on Human Rights
- 2018-01-13[PDF] Religion and the Global Politics of Human Rights
- 2017-12-01[PDF] Cold War Germany, the Third World, and the Global Humanitarian Regime (Human Rights in History)
- 2017-01-10[PDF] Religion and the Global Politics of Human Rights
- 2012-05-05The Slave Trade and the Origins of International Human Rights Law
- 2009-03-12Mental Disability and the European Convention on Human Rights
- 2017-12-11[PDF] Rene Cassin and Human Rights: From the Great War to the Universal Declaration (Human Rights in History)
- 2013-12-14RenÃ© Cassin and Human Rights: From the Great War to the Universal Declaration (Human Rights in History)
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.