Posted on 2019-12-13, by rizentrop.
We live in an age of political polarization. As political beliefs on the left and the right have been pulled closer to the extremes, so have our social environments: we seldom interact with those with whom we don't see eye to eye. Making matters worse, we are being appealed to--by companies, products, and teams, for example--based on our deep-seated, polarized beliefs. Our choice of Starbucks or Dunkin' Donuts, Costco or Sam's Club, soccer or football, New York Times vs. Wall Street Journal is an expression of our beliefs and a reinforcement of our choice to stay within the confines of our self-selected political community, making us even more polarized. Letting it bleed into these choices in every corner of our lives, we take democracy too far and it ends up keeping us apart. We overdo democracy. When we overdo democracy, we allow it to undermine and crowd out many of the most important social goods that democracy is meant to deliver. What's more, in overdoing democracy, we spoil c
- Ebooks list page : 42114
- 2020-03-15Unfree Speech: The Threat to Global Democracy and Why We Must Act, Now
- 2017-12-17[PDF] European Spring: Why Our Economies and Politics are in a Mess - and How to Put Them Right
- 2010-04-11Must Global Politics Constrain Democracy? Great-Power Realism, Democratic Peace, and Democratic Internationalism
- 2021-04-03GDP: The World's Most Powerful Formula and Why it Must Now Change
- 2020-11-13Unfree Speech The Threat to Global Demacy and Why We Must Act, Now by Joshua Wong - Removed
- 2020-04-26The Corporate Criminal: Why Corporations Must Be Abolished (Key Ideas in Criminology)
- 2020-03-0210% Less Democracy: Why You Should Trust Elites a Little More and the Masses a Little Less
- 2020-02-26God, Trump, and the 2020 Election: Why He Must Win and What's at Stake for Christians if He Loses
- 2020-01-09How Shakespeare Put Politics on the Stage: Power and Succession in the History Plays
- 2019-12-17The Great Democracy: How to Fix Our Politics, Unrig the Economy, and Unite America
- 2019-03-25Too Dumb for Democracy Why We Make Bad Political Decisions and How We Can Make Better Ones
- 2019-03-20Too Dumb for Democracy Why We Make Bad Political Decisions and How We Can Make Better Ones
- 2019-02-01Provoking Democracy Why We Need the Arts
- 2019-01-31The Time Has Come Why Men Must Join the Gender Equality Revolution [Audiobook]
- 2019-01-31The Time Has Come Why Men Must Join the Gender Equality Revolution
- 2018-11-20The Case for Mars The Plan to Settle the Red Planet and Why We Must
- 2018-06-23The Case for Mars The Plan to Settle the Red Planet and Why We Must [Audiobook]
- 2018-04-11The Case for Mars The Plan to Settle the Red Planet and Why We Must [Audiobook]
- 2018-01-27[PDF] The UNIX Hater's Handbook: The Best of UNIX-Haters On-line Mailing Reveals Why UNIX Must Die!
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.