Posted on 2018-11-16, by nokia241186.
William Coleman, "Only in Australia: The History, Politics, and Economics of Australian Exceptionalism"
2016 | ISBN-10: 019875325X | 320 pages | PDF | 1,5 MB
This edited volume is about the Australian difference and how Australia's economic and social policy has diverged from the approach of other countries. Australia seems to be following a 'special path' of its own that it laid down more than a century ago. Australia's distinctive bent is manifested in a tightly regulated labour market; a heavy reliance on means testing and income taxation; a geographical centralization of political power combined with its dispersal amongst autonomous authorities, and electoral singularities such as compulsory and preferential voting.
In seeking to explain this Australian Exceptionalism, the book covers a diverse range of issues: the strength and weakness of religion, democratic and undemocratic tendencies, the poverty of public debate, the role of elites, the exploitation of Australian sports stars, the politics of railways, the backwardness of agriculture, deviation from the Westminster system, the original encounter between European and Aboriginal cultures, and the heavy taxation of tobacco.
Bringing together contributions from economists, economic historians, and political scientists, the volume seeks to understand why Australia is different. It offers a range of explanations from the 'historical legacy', to material factors, historical chance, and personalities.
(Buy premium account for maximum speed and resuming ability)
- Ebooks list page : 37764
- 2018-11-15Only in Australia The History, Politics, and Economics of Australian Exceptionalism
- 2018-08-13Garlic, an Edible Biography The History, Politics, and Mythology behind the World's Most Pungent Food
- 2018-08-07The Real Wolf The Science, Politics, and Economics of Coexisting with Wolves in Modern Times
- 2010-07-04Teaching the Nation: Politics and Pedagogy in Australian History
- 2010-05-18Politics and Economics in the History of the European Union (The Graz Schumpeter Lectures)
- 2021-11-26The Rebirth of Area Studies - Challenges for History, Politics and International Relations in the 21st Century
- 2021-09-28Understanding Afghanistan - History, Politics and the Economy
- 2021-09-25Understanding Afghanistan History, Politics and the Economy
- 2021-08-29The Politics and Economics of the Transition Period
- 2021-08-10State vs Society in Northeast India - History, Politics and the Everyday
- 2021-08-05State vs. Society in Northeast India History, Politics and the Everyday
- 2020-09-13Assassinations: The Plots, Politics, and Powers Behind History Changing Murders (Audiobook)
- 2020-07-25Water Capitalism: The Case for Privatizing Oceans, Rivers, Lakes, and Aquifers (Capitalist Thought: Studies in Philosophy, Politics, and Economics)
- 2020-05-09France since the 1970s: History, Politics and Memory in an Age of Uncertainty
- 2019-12-18The Dialectics of Liberty: Exploring the Context of Human Freedom (Capitalist Thought: Studies in Philosophy, Politics, and Economics)
- 2019-08-18Contemporary Japan; History, Politics, and Social Change since the 1980s
- 2018-12-28Visualizing the Revolution Politics and Pictorial Arts in Late Eighteenth-Century France (Reaktion Books - Picturing History)
- 2018-11-15The Paradox of Democratic Capitalism Politics and Economics in American Thought - Removed
- 2018-11-14The Weaponization of Trade The Great Unbalancing of Politics and Economics (Perspectives)
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.