Once and Future Antiquities in Science Fiction and Fantasy (Bloomsbury Studies in Classical Reception)
Posted on 2020-01-04, by books_lover.
In 15 all-new essays, this volume explores how science fiction and fantasy draw on materials from ancient Greece and Rome, 'displacing' them from their original settings-in time and space, in points of origins and genre-and encouraging readers to consider similar 'displacements' in the modern world. Modern examples from a wide range of media and genres-including Philip Pullman's His Dark Materials and the novels of Helen Oyeyemi, the Rocky Horror Picture Show and Hayao Miyazaki's Spirited Away, and the role-playing games Dungeons and Dragons and Warhammer 40K-are brought alongside episodes from ancient myth, important moments from history, and more. All together, these multifaceted studies add to our understanding of how science fiction and fantasy form important areas of classical reception, not only transmitting but also transmuting images of antiquity. The volume concludes with an inspiring personal reflection from the New York Times-bestselling author of speculative fiction, Cathe
- Ebooks list page : 42336
- 2014-03-26Channeling the Future: Essays on Science Fiction and Fantasy Television (repost)
- 2009-06-20Channeling the Future: Essays on Science Fiction and Fantasy Television
- 2012-03-10The Golden Age of Science Fiction, Volume II: An Anthology of 50 Short Stories
- 2012-03-10The Golden Age of Science Fiction, Volume III: An Anthology of 50 Short Stories
- 2012-03-10The Golden Age of Science Fiction, Volume I: An Anthology of 50 Short Stories
- 2012-03-10The Golden Age of Science Fiction, Volume IV: An Anthology of 50 Short Stories
- 2017-10-12[PDF] Future Visions: Original Science Fiction Inspired by Microsoft
- 2020-03-14The Three Ps of Liberty: Pragmatism, Pluralism, and Polycentricity (Palgrave Studies in Classical Liberalism)
- 2020-01-24The Reception of Ancient Virtues and Vices in Modern Popular Culture, Beauty, Bravery, Blood and Glory (Metaforms: Studies in the Reception of Classical Antiquity)
- 2020-01-05Ancient Greek Ekphrasis: Between Description and Narration (Amsterdam Studies in Classical Philology)
- 2018-01-27[PDF] Heidegger and Happiness: Dwelling on Fitting and Being (Bloomsbury Studies in Continental Philosophy)
- 2017-12-27[PDF] The Domestication of Derrida: Rorty, Pragmatism and Deconstruction (Bloomsbury Studies in Continental Philos)
- 2017-11-14[PDF] Mortal Thought: Holderlin and Philosophy (Bloomsbury Studies in Continental Philosophy)
- 2017-10-25[PDF] Thinking Through Feeling: God, Emotion and Passibility (Bloomsbury Studies in Philosophy of Religion)
- 2017-10-16[PDF] EVO Nation: EVO Nation Series: Book One (science fiction/ urban fantasy)
- 2017-04-06[PDF] The Biography of Muhammad: Nature and Authenticity (Routledge Studies in Classical Islam)
- 2017-03-11Heidegger and Happiness Dwelling on Fitting and Being (Bloomsbury Studies in Continental Philoso...
- 2017-02-16[PDF] The Biography of Muhammad: Nature and Authenticity (Routledge Studies in Classical Islam)
- 2013-12-26The Year's Best Science Fiction & Fantasy 2011 Edition (Repost)
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.