Posted on 2018-12-20, by voska89.
Niko's Nature: The Life of Niko Tinbergen and His Science of Animal Behaviour by Hans Kruuk and Niko Tinbergen
English | 2004 | ISBN: 0198515588 | 408 pages | EPUB | 7 MB
Here is the first biography of Niko Tinbergen, the brilliant but reticent naturalist (once described as "pathologically modest") who turned a passion for observing nature into a revolutionary new branch of science that illuminated the study of animal behavior.
Tracing the closely intertwined threads of Niko's personal and professional life, Hans Kruuk reveals the man behind the scientist. He shows how Niko's Calvinist upbringing in a highly intellectual Dutch family-his father was a much-published scholar, his elder brother a Nobel Laureate in Economics-the two-years he spent in a hostage camp during the Nazi occupation of Holland, and most importantly the magical year in Greenland, where he lived amongst the Inuit and observed animals in their natural habitat-an experience that would shape his scientific disposition. The period in Greenland set the stage for the groundbreaking experiments with free-living birds in the 1930s and 1940s that brought the study of animal behavior out of the laboratory and into the wild. Kruuk also offers an illuminating exploration of Niko's work with Konrad Lorenz, for which he won the Nobel Prize in 1973; his great success as a teacher at Oxford, where he was known by enthusiastic students-Desmond Morris, Richard Dawkins, and John Krebs, among them-as "The Maestro"; his frequent bouts of depression; the triumph of his book The Study of Instinct, which established ethology as a science; his controversial work on autism in children, and much more.
Written by Hans Kruuk, a former student of Niko Tinbergen and himself a distinguished scientist, Niko's Nature offers a fascinating and affectionate account of the man who forever changed the way we think about animal behavior.
Buy Premium From My Links To Get Resumable Support,Max Speed & Support Me
Download ( NitroFlare )
Download ( Rapidgator )
- Ebooks list page : 38197
- 2017-12-06[PDF] Mystic Chemist: The Life of Albert Hofmann and His Discovery of LSD - Removed
- 2012-05-18The Illustrated Red Baron: The Life and Times of Manfred von Richthofen
- 2012-03-07Wizard: The Life and Times of Nikola Tesla: Biography of a Genius (Audiobook) By Marc J. Seifer, read by Simon Prebble
- 2023-01-08Force of Nature The Life of Linus Pauling
- 2017-11-25[PDF] A Passion for Nature: The Life of John Muir
- 2017-01-10[PDF] A Passion for Nature: The Life of John Muir
- 2009-08-01A Passion for Nature: The Life of John Muir
- 2022-12-23Journey Across the Life Span Human Development and Health Promotion, 7th Edition
- 2022-08-25This Is the Life Mindfulness, Finding Grace, and the Power of the Present Moment [Audiobook]
- 2022-07-19The Mafia And His Angel S 1, 2, 3
- 2022-07-18The Life of Trade Events and Happenings in the Niumi's Atlantic Center
- 2022-07-16A life Full of Secrets and Desire PDF
- 2021-12-14Living Off the Grid - What to Expect While Living the Life of Ultimate Freedom and Tranquility
- 2021-04-18Second Nature The Legacy Of Ric Flair And The Rise Of Charlotte - Removed
- 2021-04-07Our Molecular Nature: The Body's Motors, Machines and Messages
- 2020-12-28The Greek Connection The Life of Elias Demetracopoulos and the Untold Story of Watergate [Audiobook]
- 2020-12-12Duty First: A Year in the Life of West Point and the Making of American Leaders
- 2020-12-07Duty First A Year in the Life of West Point and the Making of American Leaders
- 2020-11-24Social Skills Across the Life Span: Theory, Assessment, and Intervention
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.