Posted on 2013-11-25. By anonymous.
Peter Deuflhard - Newton Methods for Nonlinear Problems: Affine Invariance and Adaptive Algorithms
Published: 2011-09-16 | ISBN: 364223898X | PDF | 440 pages | 3 MB
This book deals with the efficient numerical solution of challenging nonlinear problems in science and engineering, both in finite dimension (algebraic systems) and in infinite dimension (ordinary and partial differential equations). Its focus is on local and global Newton methods for direct problems or Gauss-Newton methods for inverse problems. The term 'affine invariance' means that the presented algorithms and their convergence analysis are invariant under one out of four subclasses of affine transformations of the problem to be solved. Compared to traditional textbooks, the distinguishing affine invariance approach leads to shorter theorems and proofs and permits the construction of fully adaptive algorithms. Lots of numerical illustrations, comparison tables, and exercises make the text useful in computational mathematics classes. At the same time, the book opens many directions for possible future research.
No Other Mirrors, Please!
- Ebooks list page : 23902
- 2017-12-01[PDF] Newton Methods for Nonlinear Problems: Affine Invariance and Adaptive Algorithms (Springer Series in Computational Mathematics)
- 2011-09-20Newton Methods for Nonlinear Problems: Affine Invariance and Adaptive Algorithms (Springer Series in Computational Mathematics) free ebook download
- 2011-09-20Newton Methods for Nonlinear Problems: Affine Invariance and Adaptive Algorithms
- 2009-02-24Newton Methods for Nonlinear Problems
- 2017-12-09[PDF] Algebraic Methods for Nonlinear Control Systems (Communications and Control Engineering) - Removed
- 2017-10-23[PDF] Regularization and Bayesian Methods for Inverse Problems in Signal and Image Processing (Iste)
- 2011-11-16Boundary Spanning Leadership: Six Practices for Solving Problems, Driving Innovation, and Transforming Organizations (repost)
- 2009-08-23Deadline Scheduling for Real-Time Systems - EDF and Related Algorithms (repost)
- 2017-10-30[PDF] Semismooth Newton Methods for Variational Inequalities and Constrained Optimization Problems in Function Spaces (MPS-SIAM Series on Optimization)
- 2017-10-27[PDF] Iterative Regularization Methods for Nonlinear Ill-Posed Problems (Radon Series on Computational and Applied Mathematics)
- 2020-05-30Numerical Methods for Inverse Problems (Mathematics and Statistics)
- 2019-11-26Introduction to Numerical Methods for Variational Problems (Texts in Computational Science and Engineering)
- 2019-01-15Numerical Continuation Methods for Dynamical Systems Path following and boundary value problems - Removed
- 2019-01-10Numerical Continuation Methods for Dynamical Systems Path following and boundary value problems - Removed
- 2019-01-06Numerical Continuation Methods for Dynamical Systems Path following and boundary value problems
- 2018-07-08Topological Approximation Methods for Evolutionary Problems of Nonlinear Hydrodynamics
- 2018-01-14[PDF] Numerical Methods for Nonlinear Elliptic Differential Equations: A Synopsis (Numerical Mathematics and Scientific Computation)
- 2018-01-13[PDF] Finite Element Methods for Eigenvalue Problems (Chapman & Hall/CRC Monographs and Research Notes in Mathematics)
- 2017-11-09[PDF] Generalized Quasilinearization for Nonlinear Problems (Mathematics and Its Applications) - Removed
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.