New Rules For The New Economy
Tag: Economics and Finances
Posted on 2009-06-15. By anonymous.
New Rules For The New Economy
Viking Adult | ISBN: 0670881112 | October 1998 | PDF | 352 pages | 2 Mb
There's hype and then there's the Internet. The widespread emergence of the World Wide Web and the idea of a network economy have set new records for excess in overheated marketing campaigns, breathless newspaper and magazine articles, and topsy-turvy financial markets. From his perch as founding editor of Wired magazine, Kevin Kelly has long been one of the new economy's chief hypesters. In New Rules for the New Economy, Kelly tries to encapsulate the characteristics of this emerging economic order by laying out 10 rules for how the wired world operates. The result is a dizzying, sometimes confusing, but always thought-provoking look at the behavior of networks and their effect on our economic lives. At the root of this network revolution is communication. As Kelly writes: Communication is the foundation of society, of our culture, of our humanity, of our own individual identity, and of all economic systems. This is why networks are such a big deal. Communication is so close to culture and society itself that the effects of technologizing it are beyond the scale of a mere industrial-sector cycle. Communication, and its ally computers, is a special case in economic history. Not because it happens to be the fashionable leading business sector of our day, but because its cultural, technological, and conceptual impacts reverberate at the root of our lives. Kelly's genius lies in synthesizing large amounts of information in unique and interesting ways. His ability to turn a phrase is reflected in the names he gives to his 10 rules, and it makes this book a pleasure to read. Some, for example, are: "Embrace the Swarm: The Power of Decentralization" (Rule 1); "No Harmony, All Flux: Seeking Sustainable Disequilibrium" (Rule 8); and "Let Go at the Top: After Success, Devolution" (Rule 6). A few of his ideas have a kind of Teflon quality that makes them elusive and difficult to evaluate. But that's OK. Like other prognosticators of the future--Alvin Toffler and John Naisbitt come to mind--Kelly's job is to imagine a new world. Far from hype, New Rules for the New Economy is required reading for anyone pondering business in the not-too-distant future. --Harry C. Edwards
Sponsored High Speed Downloads
6930 dl's @ 3666 KB/sDownload Now [Full Version]
9909 dl's @ 3086 KB/sDownload Link 1 - Fast Download
7127 dl's @ 3171 KB/sDownload Mirror - Direct Download
Search More...New Rules For The New Economy
Download this book
No active download links here?Please check the description for download links if any or do a search to find alternative books.
- Ebooks list page : 2977
- 2017-11-19[PDF] Rules for the Global Economy
- 2012-02-22Rules for the Global Economy (repost)
- 2011-05-18Rules for the Global Economy,2009
- 2011-03-16Rules for the Global Economy
- 2011-03-15Rules for the Global Economy
- 2012-01-13A Framework for K-12 Science Education: Practices, Crosscutting Concepts, and Core Ideas - Committee On Conceptual Framework For The New K-12 Science Education Standards
- 2011-09-04Measuring and Sustaining the New Economy, Software, Growth, and the Future of the U.S Economy
- 2011-07-03A New Biology for the 21st Century
- 2011-05-19Measuring and Sustaining the New Economy, Software, Growth, and the Future of the U.S Economy: Report of a Symposium
- 2017-12-16[PDF] New Rules for the New Economy: 10 Radical Strategies for a Connected World
- 2016-10-20Kevin Kelly - New Rules for the New Economy 10 Radical Strategies for a Connected World
- 2010-04-06New Rules for the New Economy: 10 Radical Strategies for a Connected World
- 2022-06-26Seen, Heard, and Paid The New Work Rules for the Marginalized [Audiobook]
- 2022-06-22Seen, Heard, and Paid The New Work Rules for the Marginalized
- 2021-07-26Ram Charan Rethinking Competitive Advantage New Rules For The Digital Age Currency 2021
- 2021-04-14Rethinking Competitive Advantage: New Rules for the Digital Age
- 2021-04-14Rethinking Competitive Advantage: New Rules for the Digital Age [Audiobook]
- 2021-04-11Rethinking Competitive Advantage: New Rules for the Digital Age
- 2021-01-22Becoming the Boss New Rules for the Next Generation of Leaders
No comments for "New Rules For The New Economy".
Add Your Comments
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.