Posted on 2020-08-24, by books_lover.
In recent decades the rise of the so-called "global obesity epidemic" has led to fatness and fat bodies being debated incessantly in popular, professional, and academic arenas. Fatness and fat bodies are shamed and demonised, and the public monitoring, surveillance and outright policing by the media, health professionals, and the general public are pervasive and socially accepted. In Neoliberal Bodies and the Gendered Fat Body, Hannele Harjunen claims that neoliberal economic policy and rationale are enmeshed with conceptions of body, gender, and health in a profound way in contemporary western culture. She explores the relationships between fatness, health, and neoliberal discourse and the role of economic policy in the construction of the (gendered) fat body, and examines how neoliberal discourses join patriarchal and biomedical constructions of the fat female body. In neoliberal culture the fat body is not just the unhealthy body one finds in medical discourse, but also the body th
- Ebooks list page : 44418
- 2018-01-15[PDF] Religion, Politics and Gender in Indonesia: Disputing the Muslim Body (Routledge Research on Gender in Asia Series)
- 2012-05-18Dementia with Lewy Bodies: And Parkinson's Disease Dementia
- 2010-03-31The Gender of Democracy: Citizenship and Gendered Subjectivity (Routledge Research in Gender and Society)
- 2020-03-22The Masculine Modern Woman: Pushing Boundaries in the Swedish Popular Media of the 1920s (Routledge Research in Gender and History)
- 2020-03-14Regulation and Supervision of the OTC Derivatives Market (Routledge Research in Finance and Banking Law)
- 2020-02-19The Making of Indigeneity, Curriculum History, and the Limits of Diversity (Routledge Research in Educational Equality and Diversity)
- 2020-02-08Church and Censorship in Eighteenth-Century Italy: Governing Reading in the Age of Enlightenment (Routledge Research in Early Modern History)
- 2020-01-13Body Image as an Everyday Problematic: Looking Good (Routledge Research in Gender and Society)
- 2019-12-24Beyond Human Rights and the War on Terror (Routledge Research in Human Rights Law)
- 2019-12-08Normativity, Meaning, and the Promise of Phenomenology (Routledge Research in Phenomenology)
- 2019-12-08Education and the Production of Space (Routledge Research in Education Policy and Politics)
- 2018-01-31[PDF] Universal Jurisdiction in International Criminal Law: The Debate and the Battle for Hegemony (Routledge Research in International Law)
- 2018-01-28[PDF] Migrant Men: Critical Studies of Masculinities and the Migration Experience (Routledge Research in Gender and Society)
- 2018-01-27[PDF] Mapping Space, Sense, and Movement in Florence: Historical GIS and the Early Modern City (Routledge Research in Digital Humanities)
- 2018-01-23[PDF] Spirituality, Community, and Race Consciousness in Adult Higher Education: Breaking the Cycle of Racialization (Routledge Research in Education)
- 2017-12-13[PDF] Black Citizenship and Authenticity in the Civil Rights Movement (Routledge Research in Race and Ethnicity)
- 2017-11-24[PDF] The Politics of Cyberconflict (Routledge Research in Information Technology and Society)
- 2017-10-23[PDF] Across the Religious Divide: Women, Property, and Law in the Wider Mediterranean (ca. 1300-1800) (Routledge Research in Gender and History)
- 2017-04-09[PDF] Muslim Women, Transnational Feminism and the Ethics of Pedagogy: Contested Imaginaries in Post-9/11 Cultural Practice (Routledge Research in Gender and Society)
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.