Tag: History and Military
Posted on 2012-11-19. By anonymous.
2003 | 304 Pages | ISBN: 157113283X | PDF | 7 MB
The Nazi regime did not merely terrorize its citizens into submission; it also seduced them by offering stability, a traditional value system, a sense of belonging, and hope of a better standard of living. Nazi cinema's popularity rested on its ability to express positive social fantasies and promote the enchantment of reality, so that one would want to share in the dream at any price. This is an interdisciplinary study, written for scholars and students in the fields of film studies, German studies, history, critical studies, and political science, that explores how cinema participated in the larger framework of everyday fascism. The book examines how five film genres - the historical musical, the foreign adventure film, the home-front film, the melodrama, and the problem film - enchanted audiences and enacted shared stories that can tell us much about how family, community, history, the nation, and the war were imagined in Nazi Germany. The book analyzes thirteen motion pictures, many of which are not well known to English-speaking audiences: Wunschkonzert, Die groe Liebe, Tanz auf dem Vulkan, Damals, Die Degenhardts, Opfergang, Kautschuk, Robert und Bertram, Verklungene Melodie, Frauen fÃ¼r Golden Hill, Das Leben kann so schÃ¶n sein, Der verzauberte Tag, and Via Mala. Based on exhaustive research in German archives, the book examines, in addition to the films themselves, articles from the propaganda ministry's official organ, Der deutsche Film, daily trade sheets, fan magazines, and even studio press packages for individual stars and films. Mary-Elizabeth O'Brien is Professor of German at Skidmore College, Saratoga Springs, New York.
- Ebooks list page : 20594
- 2012-05-16Brandenburgers: The Third Reich's Special Forces (Spearhead #13)
- 2010-04-10Nazi Cinema as Enchantment: The Politics of Entertainment in the Third Reich (Studies in German Literature Linguistics and Culture)
- 2014-04-28Conjuring Hitler: How Britain And America Made the Third Reich (repost)
- 2014-04-28Alternatives to Hitler: German Resistance under the Third Reich (repost)
- 2013-11-09Conjuring Hitler: How Britain And America Made the Third Reich (Repost)
- 2013-11-09Alternatives to Hitler: German Resistance under the Third Reich (Repost)
- 2013-10-28Hitler's Army: Soldiers, Nazis, and War in the Third Reich (Repost)
- 2013-06-10The Coming of the Third Reich (repost) - Removed
- 2013-03-18Inside the Third Reich (Repost)
- 2013-01-10The Luftwaffe Profile Series No.17: Vertical Takeoff Fighter Aircraft of the Third Reich (Repost)
- 2013-01-08The Coming of the Third Reich (Repost) - Removed
- 2012-12-24Art in the Third Reich (Repost)
- 2012-10-31The Face of the Third Reich (repost)
- 2012-01-31The Coming of the Third Reich [Repost]
- 2021-03-18Industry and Politics in the Third Reich (RLE Nazi Germany & Holocaust): Ruhr Coal, Hitler and Europe
- 2020-12-10Nazi-Organized Recreation and Entertainment in the Third Reich
- 2018-08-23Nazi Hunger Politics A History of Food in the Third Reich
- 2017-10-23[PDF] Entertaining the Third Reich: Illusions of Wholeness in Nazi Cinema (Post-Contemporary Interventions)
- 2012-03-20The Nazi Symbiosis: Human Genetics and Politics in the Third Reich
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.