Posted on 2020-05-25, by books_lover.
This memoir, which runs to some 34,000 words, covers a variety of topics from the last 60 years of computer development, starting with the first use of electronic digital computers to the present time. Topics run the gamut from the ENIAC, the world's first useful computer, to the present day internet and World Wide Web, and include, among many other subjects, machine language programming, enterprise software, magnetic disks, the rise and fall of magnetic and punched tapes, job security: hardware vs software, the progression of computer development, the evolution of programming languages; and even corporate takeovers and the year2000 scare. This is no dry technical account but a collection of lively anecdotes described by one who lived through the unprecedented explosion of computer power. Lest the reader worry that this account be somewhat superficial, sprinkled throughout the memoir are a number of arcane technical tidbits for those with a technical background. Although the emph
- Ebooks list page : 43706
- 2009-12-07Mark Rudd - Underground: My Life with SDS and the Weatherme
- 2020-11-07Obsessed: A Memoir of My Life with OCD [Audiobook]
- 2017-10-26[PDF] The Bite in the Apple: A Memoir of My Life with Steve Jobs
- 2014-04-16Going Home to Glory: A Memoir of Life with Dwight D. Eisenhower, 1961-1969 (Audiobook)
- 2013-11-11The Bite in the Apple - A Memoir of My Life with Steve Jobs
- 2013-11-09The Bite in the Apple - A Memoir of My Life with Steve Jobs
- 2013-11-07The Bite in the Apple: A Memoir of My Life with Steve Jobs
- 2013-11-04The Bite in the Apple: A Memoir of My Life with Steve Jobs
- 2012-07-07Life... With No Breaks (A laugh-out-loud comedy memoir)
- 2021-04-10The Book of Light: Illuminate Your Life with Self Love
- 2021-04-06Sex Points: Reclaim Your Sex Life with the Revolutionary Multi point System
- 2021-03-25Power Your Life With the Positive: Life Lessons and Secrets for Success From Luminaries and Everyday Heroes
- 2021-03-24Southern Baked: Celebrating Life with Pie
- 2021-03-23Udemy - Ignite Your Life With These 24 Powerful Hacks
- 2021-03-17Girl With No Job: The Crazy Beautiful Life of an Instagram Thirst Monster
- 2021-03-17Hacking with Kali Linux: The Ultimate Guide on Kali Linux for Beginners and How to Use Hacking Tools for Computers
- 2021-03-15Ignite Your Life With These 24 Powerful Hacks
- 2021-03-02What Doesn't Kill You: A Life with Chronic Illness: Lessons from a Body in Revolt - Removed
- 2021-02-27Southern Baked: Celebrating Life with Pie
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.