Posted on 2018-11-16, by nokia241186.
Music and Twentieth-Century Tonality: Harmonic Progression Based on Modality and the Interval Cycles By Paolo Susanni, Elliott Antokoletz
2012 | 176 Pages | ISBN: 041580888X | PDF | 2 MB
This book explores the web of pitch relations that generates the musical language of non-serialized twelve-tone music and supplies both the analytical materials and methods necessary for analyses of a vast proportion of the 20th century musical repertoire. It does so in a simple, clear, and systematic manner to promote an easily accessible and global understanding of this music. Since the chromatic scale is the primary source for the pitch materials of 20th-century music, common sub-collections of the various modes and interval cycles serve as the basis for their mutual transformation. It is precisely this peculiarity of the non-serialized twelve-tone system that allows for an array of pitch relations and modal techniques hitherto perceived difficult if not impossible to analyze. Susanni and Antokoletz present the principles, concepts, and materials employed for analysis using a unique theoretic-analytical approach to the new musical language. The book contains a large number of original analyses that explore a host of composers including Ives, Stravinsky, Bartok, Messiaen, Cage, Debussy, Copland, and many more, providing insight into the music of the tonal revolution of the twentieth century and contributing an important perspective to how music works in general.
(Buy premium account for maximum speed and resuming ability)
- Ebooks list page : 37763
- 2018-11-15Music and Twentieth-Century Tonality Harmonic Progression Based on Modality and the Interval Cycles
- 2017-11-25[PDF] Music and Twentieth-Century Tonality: Harmonic Progression Based on Modality and the Interval Cycles
- 2017-02-16[PDF] Music and Twentieth-Century Tonality: Harmonic Progression Based on Modality and the Interval Cycles
- 2013-11-24Music and Twentieth-Century Tonality: Harmonic Progression Based on Modality and the Interval Cycles
- 2017-11-19[PDF] Twentieth Century Music and the Question of Modernity
- 2017-02-17[PDF] Twentieth Century Music and the Question of Modernity
- 2020-07-19The Music of The Statler Brothers: An Anthology (Music and the American South)
- 2020-06-25Music and the Aging Brain
- 2020-06-24The Boombox Project - The Machines, the Music, and the Urban Underground
- 2020-05-15Music and the Brain
- 2020-05-06Medieval Music and the Art of Memory
- 2020-04-23Resounding Afro Asia: Interracial Music and the Politics of Collaboration (American Musicspheres)
- 2020-04-23Music and the Broadcast Experience: Performance, Production, and Audiences
- 2020-01-14Contemporary Musical Film (Music and the Moving Image)
- 2019-12-12Saying It With Songs Popular Music and the Coming of Sound to Hollywood Cinema
- 2019-08-01&*(Pleasing) - Why You Should Read Strange Stars: David Bowie, Pop Music, and the Decade Sci-Fi Exploded by Jason Heller Online or Download [`EPUB `MOBI `PDF]
- 2019-07-15Folk Music and the New Left in the Sixties
- 2019-07-13Ttc Video Music And The Brain
- 2019-05-09TTC Video - Music and the Brain
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.