Posted on 2020-04-23, by books_lover.
Since the Arab Spring, Arab states have become the new front line in the struggle for democratization and for open societies. As the experience of other regions has shown, one of the most significant challenges facing democratization relates to minority rights. This book explores how minority claims are framed and debated in the region, and in particular, how political actors draw upon, re-interpret, or resist both the new global discourses of minority rights and more local traditions and practices of co-existence. The contributors examine a range of pre-colonial, colonial, and post-colonial factors that shape contemporary minority politics in the Arab world, and that encumber the reception of international norms of multiculturalism. These factors include the contested legacies of Islamic doctrines of the `dhimmi' and the Ottoman millet system, colonial-era divide and rule strategies, and post-colonial Arab nation-building. While these legacies complicate struggles for minority rights,
- Ebooks list page : 43358
- 2017-09-18Multiculturalism and Minority Rights in the Arab World
- 2021-01-16Banking and Financial Systems in the Arab World
- 2020-12-08Women, Civil Society and Policy Change in the Arab World
- 2020-12-08Authoritarian Elections and Opposition Groups in the Arab World
- 2018-12-04Children's TV and Digital Media in the Arab World Childhood, Screen Culture and Education
- 2012-06-13Globalization and Human Rights in the Developing World - Removed
- 2011-06-12More Freedom, Less Terror?: Liberalization and Political Violence in the Arab World (Rand Corporation Monograph)
- 2011-06-01More Freedom, Less Terror?: Liberalization and Political Violence in the Arab World (Rand Corporation Monograph)
- 2010-02-04Courting Social Justice. Judicial Enforcement of Social and Economic Rights in the Developing World
- 2009-10-15More Freedom, Less Terror?: Liberalization and Political Violence in the Arab World
- 2009-10-05Siraj Sait, Hilary Lim - Land, Law and Islam: Property and Human Rights in the Muslim World
- 2008-12-17Courting Social Justice: Judicial Enforcement of Social and Economic Rights in the Developing World by Varun Gauri, Daniel M. B
- 2008-04-19[request]Banking and Financial Systems in the Arab World
- 2020-10-26Sex and Lies: True Stories of Women's Intimate Lives in the Arab World
- 2020-09-13Sex and Lies: True Stories of Women's Intimate Lives in the Arab World [Audiobook]
- 2020-07-21Nazi Germany and the Arab World
- 2020-06-25The Iron Wall: Israel and the Arab World (Updated and Expanded) - Removed
- 2020-06-17Courthouse Democracy and Minority Rights Same Sex Marriage in the States
- 2020-05-30Courthouse Democracy and Minority Rights Same-Sex Marriage in the States
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.