Author: Jochen Schiller
Posted on 2009-04-07, updated at 2009-07-18, by alexa188
[center][b] Jochen Schiller, "Mobile Communications,2 Ed" [/b]
Addison Wesley; 2 ed | 2003 | ISBN: 0321123816
| 492 pages | PDF | 15,4 MB [/center]
The mobile communications market remains the fastest growing segment of the global computing and communications business. The rapid progress and convergence of the field has created a need for new techniques and solutions, knowledgeable professionals to create and implement them, and courses to teach the background theory and technologies while pointing the way towards future trends.
In this book Jochen Schiller draws on his extensive experience to provide a thorough grounding in mobile communications, describing the state of the art in industry and research while giving a detailed technical background to the area. The book covers all the important aspects of mobile and wireless communications from the Internet to signals, access protocols and cellular systems, emphasizing the key area of digital data transfer. It uses a wide range of examples and other teaching aids, making it suitable for self-study and university classes.
The book begins with an overview of mobile and wireless applications, covering the history and market, and providing the foundations of wireless transmission and Medium Access Control. Four different groups of wireless network technologies are then covered: telecommunications systems, satellite systems, broadcast systems and wireless LAN. The following chapters about the network and transport layers address the impairments and solutions using well-known Internet protocols such as TCP/IP in a mobile and wireless environment. The book concludes with a chapter on technologies supporting applications in mobile networks, focusing on the Web and the Wireless Application Protocol (WAP). Each chapter concludes with a set of exercises for self-study (with solutions available to instructors) and references to standards, organizations and research work related to the topic.
New to this edition
Integration of higher data rates for GSM (HSCSD, GPRS)
New material on 3rd generation (3G) systems with in-depth discussion of UMTS/W-CDMA
Addition of the new WLAN standards for higher data rates: 802.11a, b, g and HiperLAN2
Extension of Bluetooth coverage to include IEEE 802.15, profiles and applications
Increased coverage of ad-hoc networking and wireless profiled TCP
Migration of WAP 1.x and i-mode towards WAP 2.0
Jochen Schiller is head of the Computer Systems and Telematics Working Group in the Institute of Computer Science, Freie Universitat Berlin, and a consultant to several companies in the networking and communication business. His research includes mobile and wireless communications, communication architectures and operating systems for embedded devices, and QoS aspects in communication systems.
[center] [url=http://uploading.com/files/PEAEHMND/MobCommun.rar.html][b] uploading.com [/b] [/url] [/center]
[center] [url=http://depositfiles.com/files/qnt2u2tqe][b] depositfiles.com [/b] [/url][/center]
Sponsored High Speed Downloads
[share_ebook] Mobile Communications,2 Ed
Related Archive Books
Archive Books related to "[share_ebook] Mobile Communications,2 Ed":
Download this book
No active download links here?
Please check the description for download links if any or do a search to find alternative books.
- Ebooks list page : 2621
- 2020-12-21Next Generation Mobile Communications Mobile, Infra Technology, Management, Data
- 2020-11-11The Mobile Communications Handbook-David T Witkowski
- 2020-09-14End to End Mobile Communications: Evolution to 5G
- 2020-07-21An Introduction to LTE: LTE, LTE-Advanced, SAE, VoLTE and 4G Mobile Communications Ed 2
- 2020-06-25Introduction to 4G Mobile Communications
- 2020-05-225g Spectrum and Standards (Mobile Communications) Ed 2
- 2020-05-22Building the Firstnet Public Safety Broadband Network (Mobile Communications)
- 2020-05-03GSM Networks; Protocols, Terminology and Implementation (Artech House Mobile Communications)
- 2020-02-26Smart Card Security: Applications, Attacks, and Countermeasures (Security, Privacy, and Trust in Mobile Communications)
- 2020-01-27Interference and Resource Management in Heterogeneous Wireless Networks (Mobile Communications)
- 2019-12-27Dedicated Mobile Communications for High-speed Railway (Advances in High-speed Rail Technology)
- 2019-12-12Signal Processing Applications in CDMA Communications (Artech House Mobile Communications Series)
- 2019-12-115G Simplified: ABCs of Advanced Mobile Communications
- 2019-11-225G Explained: Security and Deployment of Advanced Mobile Communications
- 2019-11-115G Simplified: ABCs of Advanced Mobile Communications by Jyrki Penttinen
- 2019-09-114g Lte Advanced Lte Advanced Pro Mobile Communications
- 2019-06-234G LTE Advanced LTE Advanced Pro Mobile Communications
- 2019-03-115G Explained Security and Deployment of Advanced Mobile Communications
- 2019-03-055G Explained Security and Deployment of Advanced Mobile Communications
- 2019-02-26The Application of Programmable DSPs in Mobile Communications
No comments for "[share_ebook] Mobile Communications,2 Ed".
Add Your Comments
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.