Mister Jiu's in Chinatown: Recipes and Stories from the Birthplace of Chinese American Food [A Cookbook]
Posted on 2021-04-05, by nokia241186.
English | ISBN: 1984856502 | 2021 | EPUB | 304 pages | 177 MB
Tienlon Ho, Brandon Jew, "Mister Jiu's in Chinatown: Recipes and Stories from the Birthplace of Chinese American Food [A Cookbook]"
The acclaimed chef behind the Michelin-starred Mister Jiu's restaurant shares the past, present, and future of Chinese cooking in America through 90 mouthwatering recipes.
"Brandon Jew's affection for San Francisco's Chinatown and his own Chinese heritage is palpable in this cookbook, which is both a recipe collection and a portrait of a district rich in history."-Fuchsia Dunlop, James Beard Award-winning author of The Food of Sichuan
Brandon Jew trained in the kitchens of California cuisine pioneers and Michelin-starred Italian institutions before finding his way back to Chinatown and the food of his childhood. Through deeply personal recipes and stories about the neighborhood that often inspires them, this groundbreaking cookbook is an intimate account of how Chinese food became American food and the making of a Chinese American chef.
Jew takes inspiration from classic Chinatown recipes to create innovative spins like Sizzling Rice Soup, Squid Ink Wontons, Orange Chicken Wings, Liberty Roast Duck, Mushroom Mu Shu, and Banana Black Sesame Pie. From the fundamentals of Chinese cooking to master class recipes, he interweaves recipes and techniques with stories about their origins in Chinatown and in his own family history. And he connects his classical training and American roots to Chinese traditions in chapters celebrating dim sum, dumplings, and banquet-style parties.
With more than a hundred photographs of finished dishes as well as moving and evocative atmospheric shots of Chinatown, this book is also an intimate portrait-a look down the alleyways, above the tourist shops, and into the kitchens-of the neighborhood that changed the flavor of America.
(Buy premium account for maximum speed and resuming ability)
- Ebooks list page : 47094
- 2019-01-15New York a la Cart Recipes and Stories from the Big Apple's Best Food Trucks
- 2019-01-10New York a la Cart Recipes and Stories from the Big Apple's Best Food Trucks
- 2021-11-19Field Notes for Food Adventure: Recipes and Stories from the Woods to the Ocean
- 2020-08-07Molly on the Range: Recipes and Stories from An Unlikely Life on a Farm: A Cookbook
- 2020-07-28A Family Legacy of Great Home Cooks: Recipes and Stories from the R.N. Eaves Family Tree-1888 to 2015
- 2020-07-04Zaitoun Recipes and Stories from the Palestinian Kitchen
- 2020-05-26Delicious Memories Recipes and Stories from the Chef Boyardee Family
- 2020-01-03Foxfire Living: Design, Recipes, and Stories from the Magical Inn in the Catskills
- 2019-12-09Bangkok: Recipes and Stories from the Heart of Thailand - Removed
- 2019-07-05Cuba! Recipes and Stories from the Cuban Kitchen
- 2019-01-31Marc Forgione Recipes and Stories from the Acclaimed Chef and Restaurant
- 2019-01-12Marc Forgione Recipes and Stories from the Acclaimed Chef and Restaurant
- 2018-09-28Zaitoun Recipes and Stories from the Palestinian Kitchen
- 2018-01-06[PDF] The Perfect Peach: Recipes and Stories from the Masumoto Family Farm - Removed
- 2018-01-03[PDF] LudoBites: Recipes and Stories from the Pop-Up Restaurants of Ludo Lefebvre
- 2017-12-29[PDF] Marc Forgione: Recipes and Stories from the Acclaimed Chef and Restaurant
- 2017-12-12[PDF] Cuba!: Recipes and Stories from the Cuban Kitchen
- 2017-12-09[PDF] Simply Delicious Amish Cooking: Recipes and stories from the Amish of Sarasota, Florida (The Pinecraft Collection)
- 2017-11-07[PDF] A Family Legacy of Great Home Cooks: Recipes and Stories from the R.N. Eaves Family Tree-1888 to 2015
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.